lighting help please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.fizzle

Reaction score
hi i have just got my 68 (LHD) and have been giving it the once over and my lights seem to be all over the shop..
firstly when i pull the left stalk ( marked lights ) 1 or 2 notches the fog light comes on..
i would assume on 1st notch would be sidelights 2nd would be main beam?

when i pull the (high beam) stalk looks bit like this =D 1 notch the nothing come on when i pull to 2nd notch.. headlight come on but not very bright
i would assume this stalk would be high beam and fog?

i get the stalks might be mixed up but the functions (1notch 2 notch) don't seem to change anything

also when i indicate only the fronts work but if i put hazards on only the back works..

any ideas?? thanks

Just had my bus electrics sorted by this guy
Iain from "Aircooled Auto Elec NW" fantastic job good price too, he will travel anywhere to fix your bus
Also makes and fits his own wiring looms, 240 hookup, duel charge systems, in fact anything to do with the electrics
contact him on his facebook page or give him a call on 07426 885507
You wont be disappointed

Vinvan

think i've narrowed the indicators down to the relay...

do the us spec sealed beam headlights have high and low beam??

When you are talking stalks, I assume you mean the dashboard switches. The stalks normally refer to the column mounted switches.

If that is the case, then the one like =D will be your side lights, first pull and headlights, second pull.

The one marked lights could well be an after market fit. In this case fog lights.

As for high beam, pull the indicator stalk toward you and let go again will switch between main and dipped headlights. Or at least it should.

Bare in mind, of course, that only side lights will come on unless you have the ignition on, so test all this with the ignition on, or the engine running.

Latest posts