Locating an oil filter?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on where to site an external oil filter and possibly an oil cooler too.

I understand fitting the filter to an EB is quite difficult due to the moustache bar, what about siting it in the engine bay - or would that increase the heat on the "cool" side of the engine?

Any pictures of them in location would be appreciated too!

we have ours located on the LHS looking from the back. We dont have an oil coller yet but thinking we may have to go down that route.

USING BYPASS OILING then mount it under lh tray(you know oposite side to batt tray)then you can run pipes along inside of bar,simple ;)

67panel said:
USING BYPASS OILING then mount it under lh tray(you know oposite side to batt tray)then you can run pipes along inside of bar,simple ;)

Old skool style and looks cool :cool0019:

67panel said:

as stated under the LH battery tray, make sure you have the proper pressue pipes though, bought pipe from a motor factor distoryed themselves 10 miles from the house on the m4 all over front of my mates t25 :lol: :lol: :lol:

My oil cooler is sited in the lhs battery tray under the vent, oil filter sited below. The more pipe etc you use the more oil you'll need, putting extra pressure on the engine. I don't see how mounting under the battery tray will aid cooling as it's sheltered, unless you have a scoop or its so low you're at risk of impact.

Latest posts