• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lock barrel nightmare

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66split

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm in need of help,
I was in the process of putting a new spring on my drivers Side door lock which I did and re oiled the lock up. But upon oiling up the lock barrel prior to replacement the bloody barrel disintegrated on me, all my locks on the bus are off one key which I want to retain so does any one know where I can get a barrel with springs so I can put my wafers in to to achieve this. The lock seems to have a number on it which is 18R080 does this mean it's a R code lock cos the bus is a 1970 Baywindow which I thought would be a L code. Any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Chris.

18R080 does indeed mean that it is a R code barrel/key.
The R code parts started at the beginning of August 1970.

Rick at A H Schofields will be able to help, sorted out my locks for me:

http://www.alanhschofield.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Big thank you to Des aka the gate keeper. Got the barrel today and put the wafers in, took me about 20 mins and the lock is working beautifully so happy. Might be in touch again soon as I need to sort my engine lid lock out next.

Latest posts