Long handle wheel spanner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbmkk

Reaction score
A friend has suggested I buy a long handled wheel spanner, to help with removing wheels (surprise surprise !)

There seems so many to choose from, so have any owners have their recommendations.

I see some are telescopic, while the breaker bar option seems popular too. Prices do seem to vary. I know with tools you get wgat you pay for .. but I'm not a mechanic, so don't really want to be buying something that is too expensive. I don't want it to break either, so there is obviously a happy medium.

I have no problems buying online ... and this is usually cheaper than some of the major motor part chain stores. There is no independent car parets shops near to where I live.

I've been told to get copper slip grease too, to put on all nuts / bolts etc to prevent future problems getting them off; this includes the wheel nuts too. Is this a sensible idea ?

Thanks for any advice :)

well can only say what we use, so its not advice at all.

we always carry a socket set which is a decent quality and use the tommy bar and socket from that , this ekliminates having to drag a wheel brace around too, if its mega tight then get a fat bird to stand on the bar and drop a cake on the floor, itll deffo come loose then. :D

john the horse said:
well can only say what we use, so its not advice at all.

we always carry a socket set which is a decent quality and use the tommy bar and socket from that , this ekliminates having to drag a wheel brace around too, if its mega tight then get a fat bird to stand on the bar and drop a cake on the floor, itll deffo come loose then. :D

:lol:

chris

I bought an extendable wheel wrench (draper?) from Halfords and use a 19mm socket on the end, its worked well so far.

Latest posts