Low light front panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone now where you can get a low light front panel and small light rear corners?

I can only see high light panels :cry: Shirley shome mishtake?

T

That's the way it is I'm afraid fella. If you buy new you get the high light style which you need to mod to the low light style. You could however contact the like of FBI etc and see if they have any rust free imported cuts.

It's worth looking round before you buy a new panel, I certainly wish that I'd waited and sourced a second hand original. Better metal, better fit and no fannying around modifyin' and fettlin'

Ian

expensive business a rust free one.. im having mine replaced with a later one.. wish i had the cash for a genuine 2nd hand one

schofields do what they call as a custom made early front panel on their website. i think wat they have done though is what billybradshaw said. i think they have just done the mods on your behalf. i come to that conclusion because the panel has the extra pressing in the middle that is only present on a late bay for a smaller badge.

I think that someone should start thinking about making a repro 67-72 front panel and also a half decent RHD cab floor!! It would make peoples lives a hellof a lot easier!!

I can only think that its due to low demand???

Al

There was a NOS front panel floating around a while ago, cant remmeber if it was bought or not? expensive but the perfect repair piece 8)

Try http://www.fbivw.com

CIMG7228.jpg

Latest posts