Lowered spindles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey all. Just wondering have any of you used lowered spindles on your buses ? If so what would it take in all like brake set up etc and cost of it all and if there are any before and after pics that would be great and most of all what's the ride quality like ? I would like to maybe slightly lower mine a tad not just for looks but to get her in the garage too ha. Cheers.

Quite a few people run lowered spindles on here. You shouldn't need to change your brakes, just buy either drum brake or disc brake spindles depending on the existing set up.
I'm on a Transporterhaus king and link pin beam and drop spindles.

Graham L from Midland Early Bay is a French Slammer dealer, you could try him for balljoint spindles.

Lots of folk on here have fitted dropped/flipped/reversed ball joint spindles.

Its a fairly well worn path now. You'll need some new front dampers, probably coil overs. You'll need a lower profile front tyre and it'll lower it around 4 inches.
If you add beam adjusters, you'll be heading towards a narrowed beam, damper mounts, tubbed arches .... etc etc.

Cheers for the replies guys. Il be happy with slight to be honest. Just so there's not a big gap in the arch and looks snug.

This is a fairly mild lowering, it's not tubed, but I do have a narrowed beam with adjusters. It's too low at the front with the tyres I have and it rubs the back of the arch slightly if I hit a speed bump too enthusiastically. The rears are on Transporterhaus adjustable spring plates and have standard size van tyres - makes the gearing correct although the speedo is wrong (with the smaller front tyres).

I can go up another inch or so, which will cure the rubbing issue.

(This is before I resprayed it!!)

Latest posts