Lowering topic!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
Seems to come up a lot about preferred methods and techniques!

So what's your favourite?

Mine, not sure as of yet but currently running dropped spindles but may change when change beam!

Easiest and cheapest, but not much cop for distances or potholes.....

Let the air out of your tyres :lol:

gninnam said:

Like my steering isn't heavy enough already!

I'm going to go for dropped spindles or the Red9 kit (although I'd like a test ride in a Red9 modified bus first!) - it's a minefield though!

;)

Justin & Mutley said:
gninnam said:

Like my steering isn't heavy enough already!

I'm going to go for dropped spindles or the Red9 kit (although I'd like a test ride in a Red9 modified bus first!) - it's a minefield though!

;)

We had a full front and rear RED9 kit. We did around 900 miles on our holidays with it and the front was to harsh, no matter what settings the damper were on, also had to lift the front on the coilovers as we had ball joint lock out as it was that low, every time you hit a pot hole/bump it felt like something was going to break. We've now had the RED9 stuff removed from the front and adjusters fitted to our original beam with different dampers and it's much better, soaks up the bumps with out them shocking the van. The rear is still the Red9 3" lowered spring plates and Spax adjustable dampers.

If you have dropped spindles, that should stop any ball joint binding problems out.

If you then use one of the many beam adjusters, Albertross or Just Kampers, that will give you the adjustment to get it just right.

It should give a nice ride as you can use the standard shocks. You might want to use uprated shocks though if the tyre is close to the wheel arch.

dropped spindles and adjusters, gives you all the room you want.

I would like to tub my arches at some point and get them big wheels of mine to disappear up into them and get the nose down a few more inches, but until then its happy motoring! :lol:

Only problem with tubs is the pilot ends up sitting on top of em don't they?

This bloke has it worked out. he welds extra sills and panel under the bumper. Plus a whole lot of other lowering stuff.
He did all the work on mine and I am tickled pink with the results.

http://www.kruizinwagon.com.au/

This is very true, not good for me really as i am 6ft 2 :shock: i am sure that i could suffer an inch for the cause tho! :lol:

lobus said:
Another way is to put 16s on with a reasonably tall profie, that fills up the wheel wells nicely.

Won't that bugger up the speedo reading - tell you your going slower than
you are :?:

id rather rely on solid adjusters and beams than air bags. Alright in a nice warm climate, but when they get exposed to all of the elements i.e. rain its gonna have an effect. :(

Mind you, would love em on me bus :wink: , but dont like the ride height when travelling. 8)

Latest posts