Major Fuel Leak! - Possible 'Firetec' Group Buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I've now got prices so here we go:

Firetec CT systems for VW T2 campers.
Prices 2011.
1.25 litre aluminium cylinder with CT Stainless steel head manifold, support bracket, safety shrouded pressure indicating gauge, easy top-up Schrader valve with steel cap, with blind port for pressure switch if specified and fitting instructions.

Default system:
With 1.05 kgs 9% AFFF foam and 3.5 metres 6.2 / 4.0mm Reacton 80 (red) heat sensitive tube.
For clock 6 horizontal or vertical installations:........................................£158.00
For clock 3 or 9 under ceiling versions:...................................................£158.00

Options
As above but with built-in single acting pressure sensitive switch:...........£20.00
As above but with built-in double acting changeover type switch:............£25.00
Freezol antifreeze with AFFF systems for -8C or lower usage..............add £5.00

All deliveries: add £15.00 per address
All figures subject to VAT at rate applying.

Tim is suggesting that Chafeguard is no longer suitable for T2's so I've removed it as an option. He has also said its easier if they are all delivered to one central location rather than being shipped out to individual addresses but that choice is yours. I will be at most shows this year so happy to meet up with people or they can be collected from my unit in Solihull

So in simple terms a Firetec Extinguisher for either upright or roof install works out at:

5 - 9 Systems (25% Discount).........£158.00 - 25% + 20% VAT = £142.20 (+ Delivery)
10 -19 Systems (33% Discount)......£158.00 - 33% + 20% VAT = £127.03 (+ Delivery)
over 19 Systems (40% Discount).....£158.00 - 40% + 20% VAT = £113.76 ( + Delivery)

Last time quite a few people added the pressure switch which when connected to an LED lamp (not included) can show either that the system is still pressurised GREEN or to show that the system has triggered, ie Engine fire.RED

Prices for this set up work out as follows:

5 - 9 Systems (25% Discount).........£158.00 - 25% + £20+ 20% VAT = £166.20 (+ Delivery)
10 -19 Systems (33% Discount)......£158.00 - 33% + £20+ 20% VAT = £151.03 (+ Delivery)
over 19 Systems (40% Discount).....£158.00 - 40% + + £2020% VAT = £137.76 ( + Delivery)

This Group Buy will run for a maximum of 10 days from today so will be closed on Wednesday 19th January in order to get the order placed. All money must be paid in advance not afterwards, no money no order I'm afraid

So in order to proceed I need to know
Username - Real Name - Upright or Roof - Switch Green OK /Red Discharged - Delivery Central or individual

Thanks for the prices Graham.
Looks like we should be able to get the full discount. Think i.ve counted about 17 on this thread.
should we start a list with our names and other info on, and highlighting green when confirmed?
What is the double acting switch for? I assume cos of the pricing to have the green/red light we only need the single swithch?

Username - Real Name - Upright or Roof - Switch Green OK /Red Discharged - Delivery Central or individual
R73 - Rob Kerr - Upright/Roof (To be Confirmed) - Switch Green OK /Red Discharged - Delivery (Woking) To be Confirmed
Plus another 4 for me - i will confirm spec - but i will be paying for them all and all delivered to me i should think

I will have one but need a little help deciding which optional extras I need.

Can you explain what clock means?
For clock 6 horizontal or vertical installations:........................................£158.00
For clock 3 or 9 under ceiling versions:...................................................£158.00

Also what's the difference between the two pressure switches. Had a look on the website but couldn't find an explanation.

Cheers. Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Matt.

r73 said:
What is the double acting switch for? I assume cos of the pricing to have the green/red light we only need the single swithch?

I'm assuming the double change over switch means you can show green when OK and then Red when fired, this wasn't an option last time but I will check. so you need to list whether you want it to show Green OR Red not both at the moment.

Frisco69 said:
Can you explain what clock means?

He's just using it to decribe orientation of the extinguisher, just need to know whether its vertical off the upright on the LH side of the engine bay (usual location) or you intend to hand it off the roof of your engine bay (pick up tube is in a difference location)

Ok cheers Graham that makes perfect sense now. I'll pm you my details and arrange payment.

Matt.

Yes please Graham. Thanks for doing all of this. I think I`ll go with the super duper version, shame to spoil it for a couple of bob vertical 6 or 12 o`clock. I`m afraid I`ll need it posted as well unless there is something going on in Bristol or that way soon. Is it worth popping the question on Late Bay and or Vizzer to make sure we have plenty. There may be some that missed the other group buy and may have had a re think :?: Let me know payment requirements pay pal + % or cheque etc. You may get this a couple of times as I keep losing my connection. So I only need one if this comes up in multiples :lol: And thanks again for the organisation of this, because it all takes time :D :) :D

Ozziedog,,,,, AKA Steve Walker, it`s only Stephen when I am being told off by mother, if it`s a big style
bollicking then the middle name comes out as well, Stephen,,, STEPHEN JOHN !!!!
. :shock: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Guys

Can we organise this into a proper list rather than just postings please so I can keep up with it,

R73 - Rob Kerr - Upright/Roof (To be Confirmed) - Switch Green OK /Red Discharged - Delivery (Woking) To be Confirmed
Frisco 69 - Matt Jewel - Upright - Dual Switch - Delivery Eastleigh
Ozziedog - Steve Walker - Upright - Dual Switch - Delivery Bristol

Graham L said:
Guys

Can we organise this into a proper list rather than just postings please so I can keep up with it,

froggy - Simon Worton - Upright - Dual Switch - Delivery / Collection (depending on time scales)

Do they also supply the LED (at extra cost) or will any LED fit?

froggy - Simon Worton - Upright - Dual Switch - Delivery / Collection (depending on time scales)
Toffo24 - Peter Roffey - Horrizontal - Dual Switch - Delivery Folkestone

anyone got any ideas of the best way of fitting these with twin carbs and a leisure battery?
Thinking if i get all 5 delivered to me (plus Froggys as well if he wants) there may a saving on postage - prob best i talk with them tomorrow - will let you know Si.

Si,
If your not too far then you could get mine sent across as well if you like as... I am in Crawley area all of time .

If not and its helps could we do a group pick up at Volksworld ?

Toffo24 - Peter Roffey - Upright - Dual Switch - Delivery Folkestone

AGC - Andy Chamberlain - Upright - No switch - Delivery to Soham,Cambs

5 sent in one batch is £15, simple as that,

Lee

Usually on the LHD upright in the engine bay, here you go:

L1010946.jpg

L1010947.jpg

As fitted to Arnies engine bay

i have mine mounted horizontal on the spare wheel well. I am running twin carbs and also a leisure battery so this was the only place it would really fit.

Graham interesting that they no longer recommend chafguard. Im guessing this was following the thread where a short in the engine bay wiring caused a spark and set it off?

mattd1984 said:
i have mine mounted horizontal on the spare wheel well. I am running twin carbs and also a leisure battery so this was the only place it would really fit.

Graham interesting that they no longer recommend chafguard. Im guessing this was following the thread where a short in the engine bay wiring caused a spark and set it off?

could i see a pic of yours mate as im going to be running twin carbs and wanted to get an idea.cheers

mattd1984 said:

Yes Matt, apparently the chafeguard was only ever designed for earth movers etc and shorting (primarily when fitting) has been an issue from what I can gather

Rusty Lee said:
mattd1984 said:

could i see a pic of yours mate as im going to be running twin carbs and wanted to get an idea.cheers

Dont have any on the computer but will take one tomorrow and put it up.

Latest posts