Making washer bottle airtight

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you replace the schrader valve on the washer bottle?
Mine is leaking and ive just reinstated the og system, would be nice for it to be fully working!
Cheers
Mags

Replaced the valve inner now and have working washers again which is great. However the switch leaks a little when used. Am i right to think these can't be dismantled? So i would have to find a decent used one?
The rubber tube the schrader valve is in its not clever either, if the valve is pushed sideways the pressure leaks out, again used only option i guess?

Before you go dismantling or buying a new switch, try pulling off the washer hoses at the switch and trimming one centimeter or so. Sometimes it's just the end of the hose that dries, cracks and leaks.

vwcanuck said:
Before you go dismantling or buying a new switch, try pulling off the washer hoses at the switch and trimming one centimeter or so. Sometimes it's just the end of the hose that dries, cracks and leaks.
I have done exactly that this afternoon.. Kept getting a puddle under the switch. Quick trim of the hoses and all is good!

The hoses are brand new silicon ones so it's deffo not this. It only seems to drip a little when used so the hose can hold the pressure and water ok, im assuming that the internal seals must be tired.

Latest posts