Mario the Red Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isay

Reaction score
Hi All, thought it was about time to share some random pics of our bus Mario. It's a 71 Westy, we picked it up about this time last year from Gary @ Coolcampers in Bournemouth. Hopefully the pics show what a great job Gary and Coolcampers did with the resto. We used it a few times last year for some great camping trips in the UK and have some camping booked up for this year, including Goodwood FOS, Fairford Airshow and the South of France for most of August - luckily the kids really love the bus and camping :D
I've been looking at the stance thread, as I appear to have caught the lowering bug :lol: I want the front end down a bit more, thinking about some dropped spindles and a CE Weedeater beam if funds allow - what do you think?

Cheers! Kev

How it looks now:

EDIT to fix the link! Other pics of the resto:
http://s557.photobucket.com/user/kevinkingham/library/Mario%20Super%20Bus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great looking bus :)

Regards the stance - looks good to me as is but your bus, your rules ;)

Very nice looking bus, great colour!

as above- stance looks about right for those wheels. If you like camping in it you might appreciate some ground clearance than if you went even lower.

Cheers guys. There is just something about a Red bus! Could they be faster and more reliable? ;)

I know what you mean about camping, but I'm a sucker for form over function!

Fixed the link above for pics of the resto, more to add in time. http://s557.photobucket.com/user/kevinkingham/library/Mario%20Super%20Bus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you haven't already, you might want to add a third air hose on the warm air intake to your oilbath air filter.

It allows warm air from the hot part of the engine to help vapourise the petrol in the carb until the engine is warmed up properly.

like this;

Beautiful Westy !
Stance looks good to me, about the same as mine ish :mrgreen:

Thanks for that Mike, I'll do some investigation. Starts first time and runs well at the moment, but I've got a growing list of jobs so will add it to that :D

Still looking through the stance thread, some really cool looking buses and lots of inspiration.

Latest posts