Mecatech ball joint covers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballbag

Reaction score
Has anyone used these, they look very good.

http://www.mecatech.co.uk/line/6-ball-joint-covers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You would need to seperate the ball joint from the spindle but the idea of them is you can replace the rubber boot and not the whole ball joint should you notice the boot is split before the joint is shot.

Yea, you'd need to seperate the ball joint from the spindle, that's the easy bit :).

It seems wasteful to buy and fit new ball joints if you only need dust covers. There's a guy on Vzi who used them on his bug and, he said they were great. I just wondered if anyone had any experience on a bus.

I've just replaced the ball joint covers on everything but the ball joints on the torsion arms (had to get 4 New ones) to save some cash on new everything and the meyle ones are good. Nice fit, air tight so no water will get in. Just a bit fiddly getting the larger retaining ring/spring thing on with just fingers and a pair of pliers!

Whistler said:
I've just replaced the ball joint covers on everything but the ball joints on the torsion arms (had to get 4 New ones) to save some cash on new everything and the meyle ones are good. Nice fit, air tight so no water will get in. Just a bit fiddly getting the larger retaining ring/spring thing on with just fingers and a pair of pliers!

Did mine this weekend too - larger retaining spring nearly broke me - super fiddly!

i used ones from machine 7 i think on my beetle and ur right there super fiddly but will defo be doing it to my van saves a few pennies

Latest posts