Midlandpaintwerks westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fucking love this!!

Do you have a price for the airride fit and anymore pics of the controls tank / compressor etc? :mrgreen:

Hi Guys thanks for the kind words and Andy it’s not the best bus or even one of them, far from it , but its special to me , like every other person on here. I have even asked Drew to bury me in it , although he will probably sell it and put me in a transit .When I had it painted 9 years ago, not by Drew I was never happy with the job , sick of stupid faults, which shouldn’t happen , Drew has rectified most of these but its taken him all this time to do my engine bay. He has promised he will put one of his top paint jobs on the bus in the next couple of years.
“Easy” we don’t have time to do air ride fitting as there’s only the 2 of us but I would be more than happy to discuss with you how to achieve this. I will take some pics of the management system and paddle controls at the weekend.

midlandpaintwerks said:
Here's some updates we did to my westy last summer.
Old engine out

Ready for paint

Painted the tank cover

Drew laid down some pearl white L87

New 6 rib gearbox courtesty from Leon off here.

New 1776 engine.

New engine going in

We modified the engine bar for the fullflow.

We made these heat deflectors from leons old tintop panel, to attach to the engine tin and j tubes to aid engine cooling .

This is how they look fitted up.

Then we made a air scoop, again from the metal Leon cut out of his tintop to fit a westy roof.

Fitted up and connected to a sandwhich plate , but like trikky2 off here says a proper sorted engine with all the right tinware in place shouldn't need one, This has made no difference to the cooling.

All finished

Fist outing with the new engine, Deva Dubs

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Midlandpaintwerks/144882895669437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sweet ride, is that a Scat 36hp fan shroud and what carb linkage is it? Like the fact it's uncluttered.

Here's a link to a video on our facebook page of us travelling down to Devon.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Midlandpaintwerks/144882895669437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks killer!!....on the front, I see you fitted shockwaves you say you kept the leaves, can you please explain how that works?

I have a 71 Westy and wish to lower it, I'm thinking of shockwaves only, no dropped spindles or narrowed beam or adjusters, is this possible?
all i'm looking for is a little lowering but the adjustability of air ride.

Thanks
JP

westco-deluxe said:
I have a 71 Westy and wish to lower it, I'm thinking of shockwaves only, no dropped spindles or narrowed beam or adjusters, is this possible?
all i'm looking for is a little lowering but the adjustability of air ride.

Thanks
JP

When you want to go lower you need to lower it first 8) thats why you need dropped spindle or adjusters ore both :mrgreen:. The shocks will give you the lift for driving ;)

If you just want a little bit lower i recommend adjusters and monroe or gabriel airshocks.

Greetings from Holland mycha

Hi Remon , No clearance issue's with the manifold but i had to modify the rear box , it hung way to low , maybe not a issue on a none slammed bus.

Not slammed here but a least 2 spilines...

They say it is the best performance exhaust but if the groundclearance is not enough....

Do you have more pictures of the exhaust and how low is your bus?

"EDIT" oh hahahaha when i look further i see your bus is a tiny bit lower.... 8) 8) 8) :lol: , awesome.

know enough now what exhaust to take....

Latest posts