Modern fuse boxes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Has anyone converted there ceramic type fuse box for a newer blade type?
Its something i'm thinking of doing as i dont really like the ceramic fuses and think that the more modern blade fuses might be more forgiving. The only real issue at the moment is how to wire / mount the relays as they plug into the bottom of the current fuse box but most aftermarket fuseboxes are just fuse boxes.
Has anyone done this or any ideas on how to do it?

id stick with the original if i was you, fault finding will be easier with the original layout and will tally up with the wiring diagrams/repair manuals :wink: . If you have to sell the bus (god forbid) a potential buyer might think the wiring might be bodged or you could be hiding something. The original system should be ok if well maintained with the occasional squirt of switch cleaner to prevent corroded contacts.

Hope this helps,

James.

I have upgraded 2 buses to moderen Blade fuse boxes and with a relay box as well. The fuse box was replaced when i made a new loom for both buses and both were wired as per original spec so each fuse corrisponds to exactly the same possition as the original ceramic one..but with the bonus of a few extra fuses as well for them little goodies you may want to add at a later date

One said bus was Nelly's the only relay which can not be fitted into the new box is the one for the headlamp as the pin layout for the latching relay is not accomadated for so wires were taken out and the relay mounted straight to the body using a bracket..

Jon

If you can find a good og fusebox and clean it up it will be fine

If not vehicle wiring products do a nice 16 way fusebox and a 4 way relay box which it together really neatly. I've used them a few times for custom engine looms asnd they're easy to use but you'll need a crimping tool

Seb

Latest posts