Moose the '72

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks :D It's good just to get out driving and using the van :mrgreen:
Fingers crossed it's up to Bodelwyddan at the weekend for the All Types show

Went to All Types last weekend :D
NickoutsideMoose.jpg

LookingDowntheShowField.jpg

Yes the weather was pretty good really, a few EB's there but spread out among the water cooled, a bit chavtastic at times :lol: realised I look a bit like billy no mates in the photo :lol: but it was a good first camping trip and 180 mile run out for the new engine which seems to be getting better as the miles go on.
EarlyBayonTeledials.jpg

PaleGreenEarlyBay.jpg

BeigeEarlyMicroBus.jpg

BuggyLineUp.jpg

Couple I recognise from on here but didn't get chance for a chat and some very nice buggies 8)

Out and about in the van this weekend :D Ynyslas, a bit of surf and got the body boards out :D
MooseatYnyslas.jpg

The mirror is a great place to hang a wet suit to drip dry as well.

A while since the last post but Woo Hoo passed the MOT today, spent all time after work last night sorting out the hand brake ended up with a head torch at 9.30 to get it finished :D but got my ticket today.

Doesn't seem that long :shock:

Congrats on the ticket to :mrgreen:

Out and about making the best of the lovely weather

MooseatBorth.jpg

Very nice day in Borth, saw a few vans during the day, very nice velvet green / white split and 3 Late :oops: Bays.

Decided to freshen up the rear area as the carpet was starting to look a little worse for wear
carpetedrear.jpg

Newfloortiles.jpg

Newtiles1.jpg

newtilesfitted.jpg

Overall quite pleased with the result and for a very small outlay. :D

Hi Andy, yes vinyl tiles. I liked these as they matched the neptune blue paintwork pretty well, they came from Focus, 4 packs total outlay approx. £12.50 :D

NickJ said:
Hi Andy, yes vinyl tiles. I liked these as they matched the neptune blue paintwork pretty well, they came from Focus, 4 packs total outlay approx. £12.50 :D

A good price and they also look good too so well done :D

Lastest job has been to tidy up my steering wheel, I'd thought about replacing it but just couldn't really justify the cost, I've got a 15" leather rimmed wheel in my spares box but thought that would be too small and I'd stil need to get a boss and horn push. So the next best thing I thought would be a leather cover.
DSCF2658.jpg

This is what I started with, the wheel is quite worn with some deep scratches.
DSCF2664.jpg

I had the cover made to fit, by measuring my wheel's circumference and width.
DSCF2663.jpg

DSCF2662.jpg
ab
the cover also came with suitable thread and a needle.

This is the cover trial fitted
DSCF2665.jpg

You can see the wear on the rim in this picture
DSCF2668.jpg

The cover has to be stitched on
DSCF2667.jpg

Here it is half way done
DSCF2666.jpg

The whole job took about an hour and a half, but I'm pleased with the end result and feels much better than a standard rim
DSCF2669.jpg

:D

I like that a lot 8)

Does it move at all (as in slip) when turning the wheel??

Hi Andy, glad you like it, I'm pleased with it :D as far as slip goes none so far and I don't expect it to as it's pulled to a really tight fit .

NickJ said:
Hi Andy, glad you like it, I'm pleased with it :D as far as slip goes none so far and I don't expect it to as it's pulled to a really tight fit .

Sounds like a good addition then - how much did it cost then :D

gninnam said:
NickJ said:

Sounds like a good addition then - how much did it cost then :D

£18.99 so deff cheaper than new wheel :D

Got the new MOT :mrgreen: only advisories , cracked number plate but still legible and a bit of play in the steering :) result

Also fitted a new rear bumper by making a couple of brackets, this way avoided having to cut and weld the bracket on the bumper, photo to follow.

Latest posts