mr whitewalls

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest tyres in, soon for sale with white or redwalls

13's
155-80
155-70
155-70

14's
165-70
165-60
195-60

15's
195-65
185-60
175-65

20100811_005.jpg

20100812_003.jpg

20100812_008.jpg

Hi I've got 185r14c on my bus and would like to fit a lower profile what would you suggest
Here's a not so good pic of my wheels
Cheers mark[ph
c82b203e.jpg
otobucket][/photobucket]

Not sure how wide your wheels are but im guessing they 5.5j ish
i would go for 185 65 14 or 195 60 14. If you are keep that suspension as it looks in the pic. Any lower profile and you will have a larger tyre to arch gap.
Try and keep that size on the back though, helps with the gearing. :)

ant said:
Not sure how wide your wheels are but im guessing they 5.5j ish
i would go for 185 65 14 or 195 60 14. If you are keep that suspension as it looks in the pic. Any lower profile and you will have a larger tyre to arch gap.
Try and keep that size on the back though, helps with the gearing. :)

Hi ant thanks for reply if I put the 195 60 14 on the front would it change the rake much I would like to get her down a bit lower at the front without affecting the handling too much
Cheers
Mark

You will certainly have a fair bit more rake that you have at the moment. Best bet is to go to your local friendly tyre shop get some 14's off the shelf and put them up against your van. Also measure them up against your rear tyre that should give you a good idea as to how much rake you will get.

ant said:
You will certainly have a fair bit more rake that you have at the moment. Best bet is to go to your local friendly tyre shop get some 14's off the shelf and put them up against your van. Also measure them up against your rear tyre that should give you a good idea as to how much rake you will get.

Ok ant cheers my mate runs a tyre place I'll give him a shout and try some on for size
Thanks for your advice

Mark6455 said:
ant said:

Ok ant cheers my mate runs a tyre place I'll give him a shout and try some on for size
Thanks for your advice

Loads of tyre suspension info here mate 8)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark6455 said:
ant said:

Thanks for your advice

Hi ant iv put 185/60/14 on the front and it certainly has given it more rake even if my speedo is 10mph fatter.The ride is softer but I still want to drop the front a bit moe,someone said I will need to take the rear down a spline what does this mean?
Here's some pics of the ride height[photobucket][/photobucket]
e4c9ec81.jpg
0f16cc40.jpg
931ba443.jpg
c35e48f7.jpg

Cheers mate

whats the deal with stripping new tyres now Ant??

same deal, need 1500 miles?? may need 2x165/50/15 and 2x185/65s something you could supply stripped??

slammedresto said:
whats the deal with stripping new tyres now Ant??

same deal, need 1500 miles?? may need 2x165/50/15 and 2x185/65s something you could supply stripped??

Hi Gary

The new product im using requires a min 2000 miles on new rubber.

As ever its always the frts that are a pain to source, getting these rare sizes partworn is dam near impossible.

However i can get consistently gets loads of other sizes. The mr whitewalls website is in for a revamp as part of this there will be a "tyre shop" added to the site. :)

Latest posts