mr whitewalls

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3000 miles?!? :shock:

okay...i'll be in touch in about 3 years then! by which time my badly set up camber will have unevenly worn the tyres and i'll be buying some new ones! :lol:

You could Jon.... or you could try a different tyre combo.

After years of looking around i've found that 175 55 15's not only fit 4.5j and 5.5j rims but look good too.

For anyone with a lowered or/and narrowed bus i would suggest:

front 175 55 15s
rear 185 65 15s or 185 60 15s

All of which i can provide @ a good price with a red or white stripe 8)

This is a 175 55 15 on easy's bus
PoppyWhitewalls006.jpg

PoppyWhitewalls005.jpg

^^^^now they look lovely! :mrgreen: ;)

cunning plan said:
ant said:
A 4.5j and 5.5j rims

Any idea how I can tell which size I have? Is that just inches across the 'width' of the rim?

Like mentioned it should be stamped on your wheels. If you have to measure and the tyres are off.
Measure across the width of the wheel from where the inner and outer tyre bead would sit. :)

Cheers guys.

I can just about see the stamp mark on the rims, but the PO had powder-coated the wheels which covers the code - which is no bad thing as they look great. 8)

ant said:
Make that 3000miles...sorry new products requirements.

Why is that?

I mean, 3k miles is a lot - some people's busses don't cover that in a year! Problem being, if the tyres are old anyway, they will just get replaced, so that's another 3k miles you have to wait until you get the look you want.

Potentially, the tyre could be quite old by the time you put stripes on it :?

cunning plan said:
Cheers guys.

I can just about see the stamp mark on the rims, but the PO had powder-coated the wheels which covers the code - which is no bad thing as they look great. 8)

ant said:

Why is that?

I mean, 3k miles is a lot - some people's busses don't cover that in a year! Problem being, if the tyres are old anyway, they will just get replaced, so that's another 3k miles you have to wait until you get the look you want.

Its because you need all of the oils to come out of the tyre and after 3000 miles most of this is out. If you do it on fresh tyres the whitewall discolours and comes of due to it being effected by the oils. (at least i think thats the case, Ant will know more ;) )

cunning plan said:
Cheers guys.

ant said:

Why is that?

Hense why im selling partworns. i can provide you with 4 tyres for the price of 1x factory ww tyre.
3000miles are my requirements which are govened by the product i use for the reasons easy has mentioned.
:)

Hi Jon
That size is rare partworn too. Why so skinny up frt?
Easy's bus (in the above pic) is tucked nicely on 175's and with a lot more tread touching the road (safer)

I have 155s on frank, these are coming off and getting replaced with 175s for this very reason :)

i like the skinny look! my beam aint that narrow and with wagens west spindles its even wider! with sprintstar offset and too wide tyres (believe me the extra cm or so make all the difference ;) ) i run the risk of it looking...erm....crap!!!! :lol:

will run what i have for the time being as I have only just bought the fronts (the rears are 7 years old so no worries there) and when i cant handle not having bands anymore....i'll give you a shout!

cheers ant!

I thought the sprintstar offset was pretty similar to og steels?
Thing is the 175/55 still look skinny on 4.5j rim (as on easys bus).
They look like 155s or 165s anyway
If you find some thin partworns you want striping let me know :)

Latest posts