mr whitewalls

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valentine Won said:
Hi
could you tell me what options are available for having my tyres done, i read you might have a option of sending them to you or that you might be at some festivals
i am based in the bristol area
cheers shaun

The website is out of date, we haven't been completing any mobile work for some time. As for shows if we are trading at any this year it will be selling tyres and coating not striping customers own. If you want your own tyres striped you can visit us in stafford or send some tyres to us for striping. Or we can provide you with a quote for some pre striped (by us) Partworn tyres. We can normally sell 4 x striped tyres for around the £200 mark plus p+p

572381b6696ca749c1e66226fc66481f.jpg

1ada7cca9b170ad475c9c2378bbf00b7.jpg

Its a big improvement on the last iteration. Much easier to navigate and get to the money shots, i like it. 8)

I'll defo buy four 15s when im ready.

Great website Ant. Lots of nice pics which load quickly. Very easy to navigate. Simple but informartive. All the buttons in clear view with no hard to find sections , if you know what I mean.

My wife is curious why there is a girls arse on the homepage. Sorry I didn't have an answer.

aspro said:
Great website Ant. Lots of nice pics which load quickly. Very easy to navigate. Simple but informartive. All the buttons in clear view with no hard to find sections , if you know what I mean.

My wife is curious why there is a girls arse on the homepage. Sorry I didn't have an answer.

Tell her 99% of my customers are fellas :)

lol! I sent you an email earlier asking a few questions, all of which, if I would have read first, were on your website, in pretty much one paragraph! So please ignore my idiotic email, however I will ask this, If I buy some of your tyre paint in order to do it my self, what processes are involved in doing my own white walls? Do I need to sand off the writing and textures around the edge first? Or do you 'dodge' them?

Thanks

Brucieboy

brucieboy said:
lol! I sent you an email earlier asking a few questions, all of which, if I would have read first, were on your website, in pretty much one paragraph! So please ignore my idiotic email, however I will ask this, If I buy some of your tyre paint in order to do it my self, what processes are involved in doing my own white walls? Do I need to sand off the writing and textures around the edge first? Or do you 'dodge' them?

Thanks

Brucieboy

Replied to your email :D

I would not recommend trying to "sand" the tyres yourself.

Our method is very controlled, if you were try it yourself (with da sander for example) it would be easy to accidentally dig in and remove to much out of the wall.
Most DIY'ers just apply the coating(not paint) over the manufactures branding.

Ant

Oh, lol, when i said sand it I didnt mean with an angle grinder like those clowns on you tube, i mean with either sand paper or something to level out the tyre brand lettering and all the lines and grooves some tyres come with, so do you apply or 'coating' over the top of the branding too? I've got my heart on getting these done either way, so if I was to do it myself is it easier to do them on or off the van?

Thanks Mr!

brucieboy said:
Oh, lol, when i said sand it I didnt mean with an angle grinder like those clowns on you tube, i mean with either sand paper or something to level out the tyre brand lettering and all the lines and grooves some tyres come with, so do you apply or 'coating' over the top of the branding too? I've got my heart on getting these done either way, so if I was to do it myself is it easier to do them on or off the van?

Thanks Mr!

Yeah your right some of those utube vids are shocking.
I wouldn't recommend you sanding your tyres by any method. We use purpose built machinery to remove the branding only. If you were to DIY I would remove them.

Ant :)

They are now fitted to a friends cadillac lowrider. The friend unfortunately has just passed away and there has been a huge effort by his friends to get the unfinished lowrider project complete and ready for the funeral tomorrow.

Hi buddy! was wondering if you could help me, the shop on your website only allows ready white walled tyres, could you give me a heads up as to how I would go about buys some of your white wall paint from you? Some paints from America include with their paints, instructions on how to remove the textures around the tyre, could you give the same instructions? Also they provide a foam brush with theirs, which gets the best finish, foam or bristles?

cheers buddy

:D

brucieboy said:
Hi buddy! was wondering if you could help me, the shop on your website only allows ready white walled tyres, could you give me a heads up as to how I would go about buys some of your white wall paint from you? Some paints from America include with their paints, instructions on how to remove the textures around the tyre, could you give the same instructions? Also they provide a foam brush with theirs, which gets the best finish, foam or bristles?

cheers buddy

:D

For DIY with our coating I would recommend using a a fine bristle brush. The brush marks disappear as the coating cures. As for removing the manufacture branding as mentioned earlier I wouldn't do do it. We have purpose built machinery that does this.

We have some coating on the water at the moment. Due in at the docks at the end of the month, it will be for sale in the mr Whitewalls shop first half next month.

Ant

Latest posts