mr whitewalls

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
liking the new gaff 8)
few questions mate. Is there a way of telling if my tyres ? I've had them on my old bus for a few holidays so should be close.
How long does it take ? and what price is a thin white band? (if these questions have already been answered I'm sorry mate)

Just took down the picture on the previous page as it had out of date prices.

1/4" £70
3/4" and 1 1/4" are both £110
2" £160

The above is for 4 x stripes applied to your own tyres.

Tyres that have not complete 3000 miles may discolour, this discolouration can be remedied with frequent mileage.

Ash if you don't know the mileage your tyres have done check the tread depth. If they are down to 6-6.5mm they should be ok :D

ba99eace02fa8df3002e8c682016b86f.jpg

sparkywig said:
Is that a piano in the corner?

Hah dude that's some of the landlords old furniture, as is all the stuff in the left hand side of that pic. He's shifting it soon so I can sort my office area and get a load of tyres in there.

sparkywig said:
I think I'd move in there, looks almost perfect as a "man cave". :lol:

Haha ... that's exactly what I was thinking! Add a mezanine in the back wall and presto, you're in! :rocknroll:

Great pics! What a great unit too!
When i come and get my bus done, maybe a few pics with both our buses are in order! 8)

SHIT! Just realised, i'm having 2 new tyres on the front.....this will be a problem with the whitewalls?....needs to be 3000 miles run in right?? :?

Tyres that have not complete 3000 miles may discolour, this discolouration can be remedied with frequent mileage.
But if you have two brand new tyres and two old, the whitewall will be noticeably different.
Best solution is to buy partworns.

Its kinda weird cus I would have thought applying whitewall to new tires would be the perfect canvas so to speak, and applying to old would make the whitewall discolour.

So why is this? What causes new tires to discolour the white so much compared to old?
I'm curious is all.....as Im sure others may be also.

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Foz said:
Its kinda weird cus I would have thought applying whitewall to new tires would be the perfect canvas so to speak, and applying to old would make the whitewall discolour.

So why is this? What causes new tires to discolour the white so much compared to old?

Oils in the rubber, but I'm sure Ant can give you a more descriptive explanation.

sparkywig said:
Foz said:

Oils in the rubber, but I'm sure Ant can give you a more descriptive explanation.

That's it, oils in new tyres can cause the whitewall to discolour, this after around 3000 miles isn't a problem as the oil dissipates through the motion of driving.
The coating we use to create the whitewall is very porous and allows the oil to seep through. So new tyres can be striped if the vehicle does regular miles ie the oil from the tyre does not stay in the whitewall. If the oil is allowed to remain in the whitewall ie vehicle does complete regular mileage, the discolouration will become permanent.
If new tyres are striped and do regular mileage the stripe will normally ( manufacture dependent) discolour and then the white will return once the oils have decreased.

Hi
could you tell me what options are available for having my tyres done, i read you might have a option of sending them to you or that you might be at some festivals
i am based in the bristol area
cheers shaun

Latest posts