Engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabs

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
T2 a
Hey Guys, what’s your preference on a 1776 as I’m running a stock 1.6 stock but in the thought process of replacing with a new or recon engine. Seen a few people getting let down with engine fails so that’s put the wind in me as be hard to spend money and get let down. Afonso motors has a nice engine for sale which was taken back of the customer for not paying him.

Cheers Gabs.

I would recommend Graham at Rawspeed, been very pleased with my 1968cc. He’s in Plymouth so not far from you.

Not really worth it imo Paul. A good 1600SP motor is more than enough with well set up ICTs when you are riding mainly solo. The costs just don't add up in reality. Get yours running nice and enjoy it

I hear great reports about Afonso, not heard a bad word in his direction.

But agree with Justin a 1776 is going to set you back approx 5000. Witch is a lot to just get up a hill a bit more conformable. Rather spend that money on a servo and having what you got running sweet.

^^^ +1 to the comments above 👍

I have a SP1641 with Twin ICT Webers and a Bluetooth 123 tune+. It’s well set up and runs great.

The change from single H30/31 carb and single vac advance dizzy, cost a bit, but I recouped some selling on the parts that came off.

I hear great reports about Afonso, not heard a bad word in his direction.

But agree with Justin a 1776 is going to set you back approx 5000. Witch is a lot to just get up a hill a bit more conformable. Rather spend that money on a servo and having what you got running sweet.
The bus is something Im going to hold on to Joey as not looking to part so for me a engine commitment wouldn’t hurt but agree cost can be expensive even for a me but as they say you never get the money you spend on them. I do use it a lot when I’m out and about as it’s not just about the shows weekends it’s about getting away and doing other stuff hence all the thinking. Sitting at 50 if not what I want to be honest something at 65 would be better. Spoke to alfonso motors today on what he’s does etc so a thinking session is on the cards.

Not really worth it imo Paul. A good 1600SP motor is more than enough with well set up ICTs when you are riding mainly solo. The costs just don't add up in reality. Get yours running nice and enjoy it
Have a chat when I see you next Justin.

Latest posts