My 1968 Microbus Deluxe...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shavey

Reaction score
Just bought a Bus. It was recently imported from California, where it has sat doing nothing for over 25 years. It has naturally aged under the sunny California skies and gently sand blasted over a long period to give it this lovely Ratty look...

0cc88657.jpg

8b58a5da.jpg

44be9671.jpg

4f7b3b4a.jpg

f620be6b.jpg

07ef4677.jpg

d2d890e1.jpg

022bc0e8.jpg

799052a8.jpg

Steady progress mate , but please stop putting stickers on the panels of the bus , put them in windows !!! :msn4:

Sorry Dad ;)

I am sure you are telling me this for a good reason, but it won't continue. If you see one more new one on the panels, I will get you a crate of beer.

And it is very steady progress. Hopefully order the upholstery tomorrow. Might even get one of the billet gear shifters, they made me laugh when I saw them....

During the wet and cold weekend, I took shelter in the garage and started work on making some internal storage for the bus. This is what I have managed so far.

Roll on next weekend when I can do some more.

Very nice, lovely bus and a great history. Interior is looking neat to, i like the self build units. :)

Thanks. I did think for a long time about getting some units and I didn't want it to appear to boxy, if you get my drift.

I have now ordered the upholstery for the bed, should have this in 3 weeks is time. I will for now keep the coffee sack seats in the front as they are nice and comfortable.

Will later decide on selling the middle bench and rear seats as I don't think I will ever use these again.

Nearly finished with the DIY units, hopefully will get these fitted in the bus this weekend.

Latest posts