My 1970 Deluxe Microbus...pictures at last

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMC

Reaction score
Well here it is my Deluxe Microbus...I have been a lazy arse taking the pictures so I have taken loads today to make up for it...like the number plate? Great for a lowered bus!

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

My earlybay sticker...its cooler when not straight!
IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

my cool gauges....
IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

and finally my new webers...
IMG_1372.jpg

Sound looking bus there chap, them webers look cool 8) hope all is working out for you :wink:

i followed you out of stanford hall, thought it was a sweet looking bus
i noticed the wonky sticker straight away :wink:

Cheers guys - the webers are wonderful....would highly recommend to anyone....

Hi SK...the wonky sticker is a give-away....let that be a lesson kids...never rush your stickers! Kinda like it that way now....

Really nice bus mate like it alot , Sweet numberplate too son 8)

cheers dudes...the gauges are well cool. Bloke in Huddersfield did them for me...he's a great mechanic - S J Baxter...knows his VW's inside out.

I think I love it. Stance is perfect.
More pics of the dash please. I haven't seen that padding before, maybe it is a US thing?

I love the patina, looks rsto from 10 metres but a bit crusty close up, maybe a nother "Pamela" bus.
Congrats, I can see lots of cruising happening in this bus, wish I was closer to join in the fun.

Very nice bus

Might be a US thing as i also have a padded dash, although i was thinking of ditching it for a metal one

Due are your running lights wired up, mine are and look cool.

Apparently the fronts aren't legal over here so i was told by VW heritage however i still connected them

MMMC said:
IMG_1375.jpg

My earlybay sticker...its cooler when not straight!

whoah! cool bus dude

my favourite colour used to be dove blue, until I bought my montana red beast

I'll be on the look out for ya round town

what's the sticker above? laaavly it is

I too got a padded dash, stricter safety laws in the US methinks

USABayDaz - how the hell have you wired up the front lights, as the are reflectors! i really should get round to doing my rear ones though

ps is ever a bus was crying out for some narrow band whitewalls, then yours is it! there's a bloke who will do it for around 50 nicker, I forget who but can probably find out if you want?

MMMC said:
USABayDaz - how the hell have you wired up the front lights, as the are reflectors! i really should get round to doing my rear ones though

You are right the fronts are reflectors originally, but i purchased a pair of bulb holders a per the back ones, drilled the doors and wired them to the front side lights

cheers for your great comments guys - makes it all worth while....

Lobus - looks like the dash is US style - will get some more pics for you. The bus came in from sunny california... I also love the patina - gonna get some ankor wax on it this weekend to keep it looking good.

USABayDaz - not got the lights working but its on the list just a few more priorities at the mo...I'll have them working for winter.

Baron - that sticker is a Burton snowboards sticker...they are hard to come by...had to write to Burton to get them - with the promise I'd send them pics of the bus....I love my boarding.

Was in Chapel Al the other day at the bike shop...will keep a look out. Know what you mean about the white walls but I gotta get the shocks done first - i'm getting pothole fever! Will want your conatcts name when I have some more dosh...cheers

USABayDaz said:
MMMC said:

You are right the fronts are reflectors originally, but i purchased a pair of bulb holders a per the back ones, drilled the doors and wired them to the front side lights

hats off to you squire :D

bet that looks ace

any pics?

the cycle shop is literally round the corner from me :) I live kinda round the side of the park near there

and well worth sending off for your sticker, very cool 8)

see you around

Latest posts