my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andewilson said:
..........after a very relaxing week at my father in laws caravan in cleethorpes haven site. I cut my holiday a bit short to come home early friday to do this..........

If your ever in Cleethorpes again, PM me, my club meet in the boating lake car park on the last Wednesday evening of the month i the summer, and on Sunday mornings through the winter at Browns cafe near the pier :D

Finally a few pics for you,
829.jpg

828.jpg

830.jpg

831.jpg

825.jpg

841.jpg

840.jpg

839.jpg

838.jpg

833.jpg

Hopefully topcoat next w/end.

love it mate. almost a complete bus again :D

went to the vee4all show this weekend in the t4. there were a few nice early bays about. it would be nice to be camping in mine there next year. really need to pull my finger out when i get it back :D

just got back from a great week at centre parcs in france. everything was great but their broad band has mysteriously disapeared since last year :(

had to spend over a week waiting to come home to view some pics nelly sent me on the first day of my holiday.

got home today and down loaded these

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

well pleased with the result of a sh#t load of graft put in by Nelly over the bank holiday weekend. Cant wait to go down and see it, and absolutely sh#tting myself about having to tow it back :shock:

man that look snice. such a nice colour! i think you could pick a real good range of interior colours to set that bus off even more. i'm looking forward to seeing this bus in the flesh too, but maybe not as much as you hehe.

when do you think you will be getting it back?

NaFe

That is sooo shiny I want to rub myself on it - is that wrong? :shock:

andewilson said:
well pleased with the result of a sh#t load of graft put in by Nelly over the bank holiday weekend. Cant wait to go down and see it, and absolutely sh#tting myself about having to tow it back :shock:

Dude, it's not so much you and your driving - you can do it safely, it's trying to keep other people away from the trailer. People tailgating it, late over-takes, stones flying up etc :sign0023: :(

also completed my rims for the bay

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

4 6j x 16 inch fuch rims. i need to get myself a polishing kit to give refurbing a go

picked these up on the way to france for the t4. 4 8.5j x 19 inch oz racing splits. though they will have to sit for ages as rubber will cost a fortune as the 255 40 19 were a bit too big for the velle.

DSC_0623Copy.jpg

DSC_0617Copy.jpg

That is looking sweet 8) :mrgreen:

Nelly sure is doing a great job and surely won't be far from being on the road also ;)

Andi,that is stunning - so pleased for you! what a colour choice, really suits the curves of the bus.looking forward to seeing more :mrgreen:

went down to andover on friday for what turned out to be a very tiring weekend.

nelly had texted me a couple of pics in the week of the wet flatting

2011-09-15_2238411.jpg

2011-09-15_223910.jpg

and at 10.30pm friday when we got there nelly was just masking it ready to do the clear coat.
after two coats of clear and a good bit of baking, at 4.30am saturday morning when we inspected the bus. Nelly wasnt happy with the grey colour being patchy below the clear in the odd area so decided to make the decission to flat it back and do it again.
so after another coat of grey and two more coats of clear it now looks like this

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

the finish is unbelievable :shock: . every little bit that i had been worried has all been sorted by Nelly. the pics dont really do it justice. i am so pleased with how it has turned out.

the journey back however was one of the most tense experiences i have ever had. totally uncovered, and after thunderous downpours we set off at 7.00pm saturday night. the weather held out and other than the crap uk roads and the odd bit of spray we got it packed away in the garage and home for 11.30pm.

it was a mad weekend for me with only three hours sleep (which was three hours more the nelly got :oops: ) and it was topped off with a blast around the block in Nellys rocket. at which point i really wussed out and asked him to take it easy. Ive never been that fast in my life. :D

my plan is to not touch it for a couple of weeks to let it go rock hard. then hopefully start the rebuild. :D

watch this space. i have three requests for it for weddings mid 2012 so need to pull my finger out

Latest posts