my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy

I have to say far too chavy for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

hi Graham thanks for your mis spelt vote of confidence there ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

it good to appeal to a wide audience, and there's bloody loads of chavs where i live :D

if it wasnt for the fact that some chavs corsa was on the front of fast car the other month with pink boxster s rims, pink would have been an option dude. :D

it would appear the chavs have stole the porsche wheels too :(

porsche rims, euro look, stretched tyres, pulled arches, shaving bits off. all used to be vw tricks, now everyones running them.

Well, Nelly has been getting stuck in to the van of late and hopes to be completely sprayed by the end of august :D . cant wait to see it again.

with the collection time looming and my workshop looking like a bomb site of late. i roped in my friend alex to share the pleasure of grafting like a nutter on a very hot saturday.

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

at least of all else fails i have somewhere flat (actually a lot flatter than the old floor) to store the van when it comes back. though i do aim to get stuck in, lay the membrane, polysthyrene, then about 150mm of steel reinforced concrete.

looking forward to some more juicey pix of my bus :D

had my final spare holiday off work to work on my workshop. just waiting on the floor laying in a week and it'll be ready fo my bus

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

cant wait to get on my bus again. this building work is killing me. my back is buggered

:D

Just insured my van for the year :D

not lay up insurance either. i hope it will inspire me to get it on the road in the next year.

ive not had it insured for the last 4 years after the first years ran out when the realsation that the bus was buggered sank in

ive been running the gaunlet a bit for the last few years not insuring it, but now i think that it is worth too much to me too lose on so ive insured it for £12k as it is with peter best.

£214 fully comp for the year with all mods listed and breakdown cover for europe :D

bonus. i must be old (either that or they know me, and they are banking on me not actually finishing it for another year),.

Not a bad price dude :D

Mines insured every year (just in case I get it on the road.............)

andewilson said:
had my final spare holiday off work to work on my workshop. just waiting on the floor laying in a week and it'll be ready fo my bus

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

cant wait to get on my bus again. this building work is killing me. my back is buggered

How do you get your bus through that tiny gap, I know you've modded your bus but I'm certain it was full width when I last saw it? :D

How do you get your bus through that tiny gap, I know you've modded your bus but I'm certain it was full width when I last saw it? :D[/quote]

i have a sport billy bag that i put my bus in. then i get it back out again once ive walked through the door ;)

either that or ive got a bloody big hole in the side of my workshop where i removed a wall just to get it in.

but i prefer the sport billy story. it confuses the hell out of the local kids :D

Well I've just spent the last four and a half hours reading through your thread, and it's frustrated the hell out of me, I just wanna get down the lock up get cracking on the crewcab :lol:

Seriously though, massive respect for what you've achieved, I can certainly relate to the mountain that you've climbed to get to this point. And I, like the rest of the guys watching this, can't wait to see it in full paint.

Oh, and you might have everyone else fooled, but not me Ande, I can see you DON'T have a wheel fetish at all...it's really all about the rubber
gimp.bmp
:lol: :lol:

you are indeed correct mr moler, odd sized rubber really is my fetish :D

after a very relaxing week at my father in laws caravan in cleethorpes haven site. I cut my holiday a bit short to come home early friday to do this

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

as today at 9am a huge lorry turned up to put 150mm of fibre reinforced concrete on top of my 150mm of polysthyrene.

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

flat as a witches tit :D

and step number two is in.

DSC00605.jpg

one more step and a bit of tweaking and im ready for the bus coming back. could do with a door and a window too but for now im looking at a bottle of san miguel. and begining to stop aching :D

Looking very good now :mrgreen:

Are you available to sort out my garage then as it needs raising by a few feet ;)

Latest posts