my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi dan.

i will be using late bay release levers on some brackets i will knock up. hope to get them done next week, as im off to glasgow tomorrow with work :evil: . progress blown till saturday at the earliest. gutted.

bit more progress over the weekend

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

put some of these on the stop the show theives

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0294.jpg

IMAG0296.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

sadly i also chipped the front :( absolutely gutted. touch up pen reqd

IMAG0305.jpg

front qurterlights stripped and painted. hope to get them built up and fitted tonight.

still waiting on front windscreen seal which is holding me up a bit as i want to start on the brakes soon

andewilson said:
sadly i also chipped the front :( absolutely gutted. touch up pen reqd

:shock: It's always going to be difficult keeping it prestine and fixing stuff onto it. Imagine doing the windows :shock: :shock:

andewilson said:
front qurterlights stripped and painted. hope to get them built up and fitted tonight.

How did you get on with these? Were you not tempted with one of the JK new kits? Expensive and I am not sure about the quality, but finding a reasonably priced and working second-hand set is hard.

You see £100+ for broken sets :?

i bought my quarters off rocket ron on here. they are as good as they get really. just wanted brand new oe seals and thought id spray the frames whilst at it. it about £50 just for the seals. but nothing is cheap in this game. :?

the camper has taken a huge turn for the worst tonight :(

after going out for a curry with the wife the other night, we spotted a house up for auction.

not really the right time but had to go for it as the gap between my current house and it has never been closer in recent times.

well tonight was auction time and,

we won it :D :D :D

down side. i need to decorate my whole house in 28 days to get it on the market, i need to find quite a bit more money, i need to plan the new project.

Plus side,

its lovely. and has its own garage, and land. :D

crapping myself, and very excited all in one go.

this isnt the end. but it is a bit for now :(

Didn't see this one coming...... :shock:

Good luck and hope it all turns out as you hope :D

IMAG0663.jpg

:( :( :( :( :( :(

not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i swore that the last time, was the last time.

the worst bit is, i cant even say that this one will be the last one.

i hope it is

Yep! Know the feeling. Only I didn't just go and buy a big pile at auction. Hope all is well mate, don't forget about that little chocolate beauty, she's not gonna put herself back together.

Buss69 said:
Yep! Know the feeling. Only I didn't just go and buy a big pile at auction. Hope all is well mate, don't forget about that little chocolate beauty, she's not gonna put herself back together.

+1 like!

no progress on the bus but hope to move it to its new home soon

this is when we got it

wilsonsnewabode.jpg

STA76674.jpg

STA76676.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0570.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0671.jpg

only been to one show this year so far which was ultimate dubs. feel like im going to miss quite a lot this year.

big bang in a few weeks which i should be going to. fingers crossed for soome good weather and a great weekend off

Chuffing Eck! I think it would be fair to say you don't mind taking on a challenge mate. Is there nothing you cannot turn your hand to?
Much, much respect ;)

Lovin' that special Velux roof light, swanky 8)

andewilson said:
no progress on the bus but hope to move it to its new home soon

this is when we got it

wilsonsnewabode.jpg

STA76674.jpg

STA76676.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0570.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0671.jpg

only been to one show this year so far which was ultimate dubs. feel like im going to miss quite a lot this year.

big bang in a few weeks which i should be going to. fingers crossed for soome good weather and a great weekend off

Love it!! Keep the pics coming,Gotta love a house project!! Looks like all the houses i have owned.....

cheers guys. the graft is continuing on the house. i'll chuck the odd pic on every now and then as it progresses.
the bus might get round there soon.

i did do something car related today tho. had to scratch the itch.

IMAG0788.jpg

IMAG0792.jpg

IMAG0791.jpg

IMAG0790.jpg

IMAG0789.jpg

managed to find all the paint codes of all the other colours of colour concept golfs so had a set of rims furbed to go on mine. well chuffed, cant wait to get them on. if i ever find the time to insure it and tax it. it should have popped out for the year by now :( but didnt find the time.

one bonus of no golf is i have to take the family t4 to big bang as i have no other transport. no tent for me this year :D :D :D camping in style this year, even if it is transit style :lol:

its been a while since i posted on my thread but i actually did something to my bus last weekend :shock:

every time i speak to Nelly he asks me if i have "waxoiled my bus yet" sadly the answer was always no :( .
Well last weekend Nelly came up to Nottingham and helped me do it, well if im honest he did most of the waxoiling himself :oops: .

I spent the day polishing the bus in what was a very toasty tent. we were both extremely impressed on how the bus has been holding up in the tent. only a small amount of surface rust on an unsprayed bracket.

Nelly has now sold his bus, but his other reason for coming up to notts was to pick up a hardtail chopper frame i have been storing for him. anyone who saw his bus in the flesh will know his workmanship is second to none and his chop is guna be a killer :D

As a result, it wont be moving to the new house as working round there is lovely. loads of room and very spacious. so it will be staying there until is can drive around to my new house. hopefully by then i will have had a double garage built next to the house to house it.

Cant wait to get back on it.

The house project is moving towards livable. we will be moving in in a month, and have been filming with a tv crew for a series called my derelict dream home.
life is currently 15 hours a day and has been since purchasing the house, but it is turning out better than we ever planned with some ideas that have evolved as we have gone on. :D

hopefully i will have some more bus progress in the near future.

Glad to hear that the house is still coming along (oh and the mus :D ).

Do you know when the progam featuring your house will be aired?

Latest posts