my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only german mate as my tag line suggests

i have gone Italian for the wheels though, so they will no doubt explode at some point down the line :?

lowered springs won today on ebay so should be a bit lower in a week or two :D

gninnam said:
Fair enough (my daily does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and on to 155 - limited - for £7.5k - will be for sale if anyone interested!!) and also German ;)

Are we willy waggling :) My daily hits 0-62 in about 3.5 secs, does 0-100 in 9secs and tops out circa 190 ;-) Its not for sale though. But is german.

AndeWilson looks like I have followed the same path to getting my bus restored. I had to have the front of the house block paved and new steps built outside to the front door (with reclaimed b'stard bricks - downside to have a house that's over 125 years old I guess) before I was allowed to get my bus in for restoration. Good job I love my wife :)

I am hopeful mine will be back together by camper jam this year though. Or I am in a whole world of moaning from the mrs... Something along the lines of how can I have a camper that I cant use...

Loving the porker BTW. I keep looking at them, considered one when I ordered my current daily. And again when I replaced the family ML for a cayenne (ok not a true porsche) but my local dealer keeps putting me off.

J.

Marriedblonde said:
gninnam said:
Fair enough (my daily does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and on to 155 - limited - for £7.5k - will be for sale if anyone interested!!) and also German ;)

Are we willy waggling :) My daily hits 0-62 in about 3.5 secs, does 0-100 in 9secs and tops out circa 190 ;-) Its not for sale though. But is german.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marriedblonde said:
gninnam said:

Not at all dear chap :lol: (are you ;) )

Marriedblonde said:
AndeWilson looks like I have followed the same path to getting my bus restored. I had to have the front of the house block paved and new steps built outside to the front door (with reclaimed b'stard bricks - downside to have a house that's over 125 years old I guess) before I was allowed to get my bus in for restoration. Good job I love my wife :)

I am hopeful mine will be back together by camper jam this year though. Or I am in a whole world of moaning from the mrs... Something along the lines of how can I have a camper that I cant use...

Loving the porker BTW. I keep looking at them, considered one when I ordered my current daily. And again when I replaced the family ML for a cayenne (ok not a true porsche) but my local dealer keeps putting me off.

J.

I too have had the same reclaim issue mate. It cost me a 100 mile round trip and 60 quid for the one row of 45 degree plinth stretcher bricks across the front of the garage.

Marriedblonde said:
gninnam said:

997 turbo?

andewilson said:
I too have had the same reclaim issue mate. It cost me a 100 mile round trip and 60 quid for the one row of 45 degree plinth stretcher bricks across the front of the garage.

Did your Mrs sell you the house along the lines of the older ones have more character :)

Yes they do but there is always something needing doing!!!!!

Hi guys,

No update on the bus, though I have an architect drawing up the plans for my new garage at home. Hoping it will be a bit of a monster 7 metres long, drive through, 4.5 metres wide with a man cave room above it.
Hope to get it built in the summer to house the bus this winter.

On another house note. The tv program that filmed the build of my house will on this Thursday night at 10pm on the home channel
Seemed to take an age to reach the tele, by the time at came I've kinda forgot all about it

Hurray, been missing your thread updates fella, looking forward to you picking your project up again. Like the sound of the garage, should just be big enough to get the bus in! :D

its been nearly a year since I was on here.

It was nice to see another set of Porsche rims go through my hands and end up on a volksworld cover (3rd set to date) (always the bridesmaid)

Bus is still in my army tent (I can highly recommend an army tent as its been there years and is still mint)

the 911 didn't last long (sold it as I was too scared it would blow up)

Finally parted company with the golf after 9 long years of ownership

now driving a boxster daily (hold the hair dressers jokes)

managed to squeeze in a visit to dubfreeze to get the juices flowing again

no progress for years on the bus, however, I have just handed my notice in at work to become a self employed property developer for the next two years.
hopefully the new job plan will give me some spare time to get back on the bus.

Hey mate,

Good to hear that you are still alive :)

More importantly, good to hear that you may be getting some progress on the bus. I for one would love to see this on the road - been following the journey for a while.

I'll await some progress pics hehe

p.s. welcome back

Glad to hear the bus is still waiting in the wings and that you are fit and well........ Good luck with the new venture and really hope you can free up some spare time to get back on it!

Your resto seems very similar to mine, years in the making and then stalled just short of the finish line... funy how work, houses, kids and life in general can so easily take over!
Mine is currently mothballed in the gargage... popped to Volksworld show weekend before last and with some fresh inspiration I've promised myself I'd pick up the progress again this summer.... fingers crossed :roll:

I so remember yours got to about the same stage as mine dan.

I have alsorts planned which always trumps the bus, but it's never getting sold so needs finishing one day

Thread resurrection 😂😂😂😂

Hi guys. Job change after job change

Car change after car change.

One thing remains the same.

I've still not finished my bus 😂😂

I have however nearly finished this

Latest posts