my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers for the comment guys

nelly emailed me some pics today which just go to show how sh#t my old phone was (now have a new one so should get some better pics from now on)

2011-09-17_155407.jpg

2011-09-17_155417.jpg

2011-09-17_174738.jpg

2011-09-17_180851.jpg

2011-09-17_181202.jpg

2011-09-17_182211.jpg

2011-09-17_182225.jpg

That colour is special. Don't rush the rebuild, that paint will thank you for letting it go off. The large side panel looks super straight, as always amazing work.

Mirror finish there :shock:

Nice.

I should be up in a few weeks to drop your rollers off. I might have time to have a quick look at your bus too 8)

Dude, tell me, are you still going to be screwing your deluxe trim clips in to that fresh, gorgeous, paintwork? :shock: Or maybe follow the route of the mighty 3M pro double sided tape? :D

hi, its already pre drilled for all holes required for every thing thats getting fitted. 3.1mm for all delux trim so i can fit it with 3mm pop rivets so as not to cause future ust issues by biting into the fresh paint with self tappers.

bus has been away since its return from spray. not even seen it since i dropped it off round my dads :( .
been very busy at work and working on my flats etc so no progress.

have bought a few goodies and to top it of yesterday i bought its new home. if all goes to plan this weekend i should have some picks of it home.

cant wait to get it back.

had a very busy weekend. saturday i spent the day round the workshop with my 70 year old step dad doing this

IMAG0078.jpg

the point of no return. the workshop is now no longer a workshop. planning application is in, it is cleared out and work is still in progress turning it into my van funding flat which should see the van fund go up once i get it filled :D

after that we gave it a right good scrub

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

as this morning i went round there with my kids and built this badboy

KGrHqEOKpE58rv0G5BO5w0wiIg60_12.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

it truely is a monster. alloy poles as thick as scaffold poles and very heavy canvas that needed the ends dutch lacing to the roof section.. it smells too :?

but as of 5pm today my bus is sat nicely in there. though when i got it back i noticed that some builder who had done my dads missis a favour getin something out of the garage has actually scratched my bus :evil: only two inches long and hopefully in the clear coat. but still, i want to kill him.

cant wait to get on with the build now. hopefully sold a set of rims so the cash problem may be over for a while.

heated screen and sound proofing next. then rust proofing begins :D

Latest posts