My 68 Westy - as time goes by .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Airtime :D

So, welded up the open wounds ...

27102009283.jpg

Remembered where Id put the adjusters ...

27102009286.jpg

And fitted

27102009287.jpg

Ordered some POR15 today to paint it up before rebuild. :)

A bit of a catch up
Beam was POR 15'd and reassembled with T2D dropped spindles and cleaned and painted stuff.
I also took the chance to have a good blow inside and out with the wax gun so its all nice and safe again from the dreaded :)

Refitted the beam last night and then fitted up the hubs on new spindles, then have started reassembling. Should be another session now to get in on its wheels

DS2.jpg

DS1.jpg

DS3.jpg

I put it back on its wheels today - I let the jack down until it stopped. Its sitting on the tyres here :lol:

Ill have to wait for the new wheels to set it up properly

istlook.jpg

Looks good. 8) Have looked at these t2d spindles myself.

Do you have any closer pictures of the ball joints/arms? Do they have a flange on the lower side to stop them pulling out upwards as well as being a press fit? Still trying to get my head around the engineering/safety with these. I known they mention the 5 ton press fit, but the weight of a fully loaded bus hitting a pot hole on a bend would create a high impact load. (May do the calculation)

If they have a flange on the bottom this would take that load?

Cali_bay said:
Looks good. 8) Have looked at these t2d spindles myself.

Do you have any closer pictures of the ball joints/arms? Do they have a flange on the lower side to stop them pulling out upwards as well as being a press fit? Still trying to get my head around the engineering/safety with these. I known they mention the 5 ton press fit, but the weight of a fully loaded bus hitting a pot hole on a bend would create a high impact load. (May do the calculation)

If they have a flange on the bottom this would take that load?

They are fitted with an additional circlip as a 'belt and braces' measure to ensure the safety. I cant really talk with any technical authority on them. They are press tested under unsprung conditions far exeeding the impacts that will be undured and T2D are substantial enough and reputable enough a company for me to trust in. I spoke with Paul about them and he explained in detail about them and convinced/assured me.

I also know Marco, one of the Slammed Panel guys in Holland that originally developed the idea - he gave me full asurrance also.

I reckon they are ace :mrgreen:

I popped a 15" rim on that had a lo pro tyre fitted to see how far it would go down. I stopped when the jack got stuck ... but theres plenty of drop available ...

24112009375.jpg

Its going back up now to refit the stock wheels and tyres while I do some other stuff.

Clem said:
I popped a 15" rim on that had a lo pro tyre fitted to see how far it would go down. I stopped when the jack got stuck ... but theres plenty of drop available ...

That is soo rude 8)

EgoTrippin said:
Thats better.....! 8)

You should steal the rest of the wheels off Wally's crew cab too!

:mrgreen:

Rubbish offset ;)

Latest posts