My 68 Westy - as time goes by .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need for wheel spacers now. Have lost the BBT decals on the wheels centres and the cap centres are now convex not concave, and thats £100+ saved.

The tyres are hitting the arches up front though, so I guess coilovers will help ... thats that £100 again?

Or change the whole set for a set of ally sprinstars, i'm sure they will fit whitout a prob :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And now serious, I like it a lot 8) , how much room is left at the rear arches?

Dirty Harry said:
No need for wheel spacers now. Have lost the BBT decals on the wheels centres and the cap centres are now convex not concave, and thats £100+ saved.

The tyres are hitting the arches up front though, so I guess coilovers will help ... thats that £100 again?

Or change the whole set for a set of ally sprinstars, i'm sure they will fit whitout a prob :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And now serious, I like it a lot 8) , how much room is left at the rear arches?

:mrgreen:

Theres is a good 10-15mm at the rear so no problems there. The rubbage at the front is the wheel arch box section. Im ordering some stiffer shocks which should help me, but it might require a lower profile tyre, we'll see ...
I almost know already Ill need a narrowed beam next winter! The front wheels tuck in really nicely, but they have there limits! The dropped spindles are much lower out of the box than I expected.

Right, its all pretty much done now. Every trip so far has been a fault finding mission....

After Ninove I needed better dampers so got some coilovers from T2D, that sorted the rubbing. The tyres rubbed as well so on went a pair of 175/55 x 15's .... sorted.

I fitted the rear springplates and it banged all the way to Volksworld show, so got some shorter gas dampers, again from T2D, which sorted that.

I then scraped the exhaust to Stanford Hall and back, so swapped the rear tyres from 185/65 x 15 to 195/70 x 15. This riases the gearing a bit and lifts it a bit. Win win.

So now it sits like this -

9d1ecb7b.jpg

Rear needs maybe a tiny lift to clear the silencer all the time, and maybe I could drop the front a tad .... but its close! :)

Rear needs maybe a tiny lift to clear the silencer all the time, and maybe I could drop the front a tad .... but its close! :)

Or loose the silencer and go for a nice A1/CSP phyton system :mrgreen:
But for the rest it is one ACE bus 8)

Johnny said:
can i see some pics of your exhaust? looks good

Its just a Bluebird pipe, nice though :)

100_2722.jpg

Its a bit scraped now however! :oops:

Getting out of the RossVagas Carpark was interesting :|

Looking really sweet on those rims though with its new stance, NICE!

faux said:
Getting out of the RossVagas Carpark was interesting :|

Looking really sweet on those rims though with its new stance, NICE!

Yeah, that was after having to be lifted off the beach at Vanwest :oops: so Ive raised the rear end an inch and it's all good now ... I have to be sensible as it had rubbed the outer cv boots through! :mrgreen: It drives much better now.

I'm also sick of messing about with it. It's done for this year!
:lol:

Those needles will get everywhere :shock:

Should smell nice though ;)

I took 6 van fulls up to the tip in the end, all sopping wet! I did remove the curtains :lol:

I hoovered it out last night and gave it a clean ... Hopefully there won't be too many spiders in there for Vanfest!
:mrgreen:

thanks for the shop tour today buddy.oh and hows your finger ha ha so funny mate makes me chuckle but at least you didnt scream like a girl ha.

:shock:

I'm glad you enjoyed my fright!

Good to see ya! :mrgreen:

Latest posts