My 68 Westy - as time goes by .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few days in Cornwall over half-term break, I thought Id pop up a few of the van pics -

KCVan.jpg

Fis1.jpg

Fis2.jpg

Fis3.jpg

Inn3.jpg

No duvet cover here, as Hannah had puked all over it in the night, after puking all over her own bedding first. Rick Stiens fish and chips followed by Bubblegum Ice Cream, perhaps? :roll:

Inn2.jpg

:lol:

So jealous when I see you guys using your vans for what they are intended for :D

Apart from the sick, hope you had a good trip ;)

A quick winter job inbetween other stuff!

Old lino I fitted on getting the van was getting tatty, and wasnt the real deal

tumblr_lh322yFnNs1qf2thio1_500.jpg

So I removed the interior

tumblr_lh3244zmAB1qf2thio1_500.jpg

to

tumblr_lh325oCaam1qf2thio1_500.jpg

In with the new original lino floor

tumblr_lh51m9OpoS1qf2thio1_500.jpg

and the refit is complete

tumblr_lh51sgKLTc1qf2thio1_500.jpg

Thanks to Dave (loweredlight) for selling me the flooring! :D

IMG_3485.jpg

Im happy with the pic at Volksworld from Airmighty! :)

Time for a new roof canvas ...

tumblr_lpkrnkFmQA1qf2thio1_500.png

tumblr_lpkrpitrca1qf2thio1_500.png

tumblr_lpkrr6z1g41qf2thio1_500.png

Nice kit from Wolfsburg West. Needed a new tack strip via Just Kampers, and was generally a PITA to fit overall. Still, its all an experience ....

creationblue said:
Nice work Michael 8)

Just

Cheers Just

It was a pain in the butt to be honest. Taking out the old was easy :lol: but fitting the ally strip to the roof was a nuisance in the corners, getting it 'straight' and central was tricky. I also didnt have a tack strip fitted before so had to get one, and then a bigger staple gun that was up to the job ...
Also I found the hottest place you can ever be is in a van pop top/canvas, in a tin shed in the middle of summer :shock:

Pretty chuffed its done now though. :)

Clem said:
creationblue said:
Nice work Michael 8)

Just

Cheers Just

It was a pain in the butt to be honest. Taking out the old was easy :lol: but fitting the ally strip to the roof was a nuisance in the corners, getting it 'straight' and central was tricky. I also didnt have a tack strip fitted before so had to get one, and then a bigger staple gun that was up to the job ...
Also I found the hottest place you can ever be is in a van pop top/canvas, in a tin shed in the middle of summer :shock:

Mike, any chance of the internal shots with the trim in place? Need to finish 'dressing' mine and half thought of using a self adhesive strip - but have just bought a new staple gun to use on other panels so anything is possible :lol:

Nice job though, my pop top came from Rolf de Kamm, but these thicker fabric versions from WW do seem much more in keeping with the original

Clem said:
creationblue said:
Nice work Michael 8)

Just

Cheers Just

:lol: had a sweat on did we :!: I got mine done when i bought it, not sure where it came from but it is the thick canvas, and i havnt seen another grey one......do think the side zip-outs would be better tho, but deffo not changing it just for that.......

Just

Update time for me then. I got some of these -

tumblr_lt0nujxfCq1qf2thio1_500.png

And fitted them here -

tumblr_lt0pvjR0zm1qf2thio1_500.png

8)

Latest posts