My 68 Westy - as time goes by .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I then had to get my stuff together for my bro's wedding -

tumblr_lt25pk9LTn1qf2thio1_500.png

Bridesmaids had the van, bride rolled in the Ghia and my bro and I used his 1302S

tumblr_lt69h8894l1qf2thio1_500.png

Thanks to Wally for driving the van ... and another shout to Midland Paintwerks for the work on the bug during the summer! :D

Then I decided to sort the bulging centre caps on the rear Sprints on my van, caused by the rear castle nut sticking out too far -

See, they had to be pushed out - not nice

tumblr_ltn0czxGjH1qf2thio1_500.png

So at Brighton Breeze I got some 5mm spacers from Butty off of the SSVC Forum :)

tumblr_ltn0ha1Fpt1qf2thio1_500.png

And ten minutes later -

tumblr_ltn0jdXbOx1qf2thio1_500.png

Done. Took me 18 months to sort that, or half an hour, depending how you look at it :lol:

Man what took you so long!!!

Not sure which looks better the bride or the b.........no ill keep that to myself :lol:

Just

I won this towbar on ebay

tumblr_lutz5uK9rI1qf2thio1_500.png

Im going to give it a light resto(?) as it needs a small electric plate crack welding up and some nicer paint.

lovely bus mike and all these little touches make it even better.i saw that tow bar on ebay i think its one i bid on ha ha the best man won.

Finally found a locking rear hatch unit!

20b0cbbf.jpg

Thanks to Mark @ morecombe and wize :)

Brilliant, I snapped a wiper shaft spindle

064be701.jpg

Gotta love 68 only bits :lol:

Very cool ride. 8)

I have recently purchased a se of bbt sprint replicas 4.5 skinny fronts & 5.5 rears running 195/50/15?!?!? :shock:
they were off a split originally. do you think they will fit ok? :?
Are the 5mm spacers available to buy of net? as i feel the same about not having caps on!! :roll:
Not fitting them till she is lowered though!! :(

Cheerz. :D
Paul.

myvanway 69 said:
Very cool ride. 8)

I have recently purchased a se of bbt sprint replicas 4.5 skinny fronts & 5.5 rears running 195/50/15?!?!? :shock:
they were off a split originally. do you think they will fit ok? :?
Are the 5mm spacers available to buy of net? as i feel the same about not having caps on!! :roll:
Not fitting them till she is lowered though!! :(

Cheerz. :D
Paul.

I'm running 195/70's on the back and they clear even with the spacers, but id say a 50 profile is too low personally, visually and from a gearing perspective .

This is the spacers guy -

http://ww.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1783&sid=e3cae93a8ca8a6d11e83b08926de8f85" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)

Latest posts