My '68 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartidouglas

Reaction score
Hi,

Thought you might like to see my '68 Westy. Imported from sunny california early last year, MOT'd with only some very minor fixes and then bought by myself.

Photo showed how it looked when purchased by me. Front panel had been resprayed which made it look pretty good.

16j4f91.jpg

I wanted to use it immediately for the fine summer we had in '07 (I wish) so the first thing I did was strip out the interior as it was pretty tatty. The seats were refoamed and recovered (blue as the missus didn't like the original mustard) and the cupboards were brightened-up a bit and new vinyl put down.

Photo shows the bus in use with new interior.

2ziubgw.jpg

2dtrnet.jpg

Come the end of the crap summer I took it off the road and started on the 40 years of dings and dents. It now currently looks like this! (doh! maybe I should have left it as it was??).

4qogar.jpg

df9186.jpg

Anyhow, I've started now so it'll have to be finished. Just about to spray with primer and then need to decide whether to paint the colour coat myself or get someone professional to do it for me. I'll post the finished article hopefully in the next few weeks.

Looking good 8) and welcome. :mrgreen:

Welcome - can't beat a 68 Westy (course I'd say that though :wink: ).

Latest posts