My 68

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you don't just throw the lead on, you have tin the meteal, heat it, wipe it. Then your ready to load the lead, heating the lead and then finely dotting it onto the metal. It's like lead welding only lower head and a little more tricky with a fat piece of lead stick

Pictures:

Using solder paste to tin the metal ( heat it and wipe it with a mole skin, so the metal become bright)

P1070010_2.jpg

Then load the lead, easy now...... not too much

P1070011_1.jpg

work the lead with Stainless steel tools or wooden tools, dipped it TOLLOW to stop it sticking. Not bad i thuoght for a first attempt at the old lead loading

P1070012_1.jpg

Then to finish it off, use car body files to flattern... very time consuming!! worth it

back on the scene. not posted on here for a while. since i were last on i've done a few things!!

Take a look:

Rear disc conversion, home made!

100_1006.jpg

100_1009.jpg

100_1025.jpg

100_1021.jpg

100_1020.jpg

100_1016.jpg

Then i fitted a section to the front where i had it panel beaten by a monkey!!!!

100_0011.jpg

100_0446.jpg

100_0444.jpg

100_0443.jpg

100_0447.jpg

100_0451.jpg

100_0449.jpg

100_0450.jpg

100_0457.jpg

100_0464.jpg

still have to get photo of the finished job. Just a door to spray as the og is bent from the crash. going to have the van fully spray. Rolled over and blasted... the lot. All in time.... just bought a T34 for resto. so juggle between the two

Looking good mate , Is that a Mk I Cavalier next to your bus ??? My dad used to have one of them 8)

Yes that is ideed, for sale if you fancy. 57,000 miles for new!!!! £300

woody68 said:
Yes that is ideed, for sale if you fancy. 57,000 miles for new!!!! £300

Might know someone interested is it still for sale

Van looks well cool by the way mate top work :mrgreen:

just bought a house so if i can find a place to put it then i'd really like to keep it. i'll let you know in a few days....tax runs out... so might have to get shut

Not been on my post in ages, so i thought i'd update what's happening with the van. Started stripping the underneath, i know my vans pretty solid as it were stored for over 22 years.

Some pic of what's under there.
IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

Other side before stripping. bit of surface rust, reasons for me stripping back!

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

Once all the underseal is off, strip back to bare metal then POR15 then top coat Neptune Blu

Axle's and running gear will be POR15 chassis paint black.

All this to do before EBi 4... oh and fit a full interior.. :D

Looks nice and clean, i was only looking at your thread the other day thinking the van looked farmiliar. then noticed the outcast tag in the signature.
Not been over for ages, and not been on the forum since they changed server and it spazzed out, just wouldnt let me log in.

lovely looking van. except fot the blue ;)

Looking good m8.

Whats your tips for remove the under seal??? as i got to do mine soon.

Removal of under seal.. i use a blow lamp, set real low and a wooden spatular ( i used a piece of 2"x2" cut and 60 deg') heat the underseal till it goes shine and bubbles start to form, move around a fairly large area, scrap off with the wood. Cleaned it with acetone.

Cheers guys

Latest posts