My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread and a superb job on the interior.
Can I ask where you got your leather steering wheel wrap from?

Howie

Thank you very much guys.. I thought folk had stopped reading my thread through boredom :lol:

Howie my steering wheel cover was very expensive, it cost me £5.99 from eBay!! :lol:

http://bit.ly/xvnc1Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tight fit but take your time and don't thread the 'string' through the holes as it rips. Just wrap it round the steering wheel. I warmed it up a little bit before I fitted it. ;)

My next three upgrades are;

Fit split relay and leisure battery (for my TUNES)
Purchase new seatbelts & fit
Put in the overtime at work to have the cab seats retrimmed to match (might be slowtime)

Maintenance wise I really need to sort my transmission output seals, they're pis*ing it out! :roll:

Got a few bits done this weekend.. Fitted the new Securon 500/45 beige seatbelts, fit perfick with the L bracket. Got rid of the god awful madmatz tiles; note to self, do not buy these, they're not good. I pondered what to replace it with and ended up going for the safe option :roll: Wood laminate, I know it's sensible but looks tidy, needed something wipe clean as I have two dogs! I've also refurbed the roofrack. Stained the wood slats and used 'chrome look' paint on the frame. I was dubious about the paint but it came out really well!

8cf609b2.jpg

18aa416c.jpg

f8d58716.jpg

sparkywig said:
Floor looks nice Sarah. :D
I'd get the gearbox seals done fairly quickly as that's expensive to run without any oil.... (says the bloke with a input shaft leak :lol: )

It's on the list Si :mrgreen: Zedbed's helping me with them weekend after next :D Providing I make it to Cambridge we're all good!! Looks like a pig of a job.. :roll:

sparkywig said:
Good old Steve. :)
Yes, good old Steve, but I wouldn't want to detract from Sarah's experience (she bliddy loves it) so I'll make it a rule not to actually touch anything - just point and suck air. Looking forward to it. :)

ZedBed said:
sparkywig said:
Yes, good old Steve, but I wouldn't want to detract from Sarah's experience (she bliddy loves it) so I'll make it a rule not to actually touch anything - just point and suck air. Looking forward to it. :)

:lol: Tea White One Pls :lol:

Merlydog said:
ZedBed said:
sparkywig said:

:lol: Tea White One Pls :lol:
Correct - I'm sure you'll have time to stop and make the tea - isn't that the apprentice's job? - again, I can offer advice and instruction if you get stuck. :)

Me and Jack built a box for between my can seats today :)
I know... It's MDF but I'm getting my trimmer to cover it to match the seats so you won't see it anyway.
043d21bf.jpg

Where'd you get the chrome style paint, Sarah? Looks like a great finish and probably saves a few fair few pennies

gvee said:
Where'd you get the chrome style paint, Sarah? Looks like a great finish and probably saves a few fair few pennies

I got it from halfords. £7.99 a tin and it goes a long way. Only downside is once its on don't touch it as it marks a little bit. Went on really well actually, I was surprised! Nice as an interim whilst I save up to buy back my 6 bow CE polished SS off a friend lol!!

Latest posts