My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merlydog said:
sparkywig said:
Merlydog said:
Them sparks sting your thighs a bit don't they? Lol :lol:

I have a vision of you just wearing goggles after that comment...... :lol:

That's how Zed told me to do it Sparky! All adds to the experience he said?!! :shock: :lol:

I suppose he asked for pics as well? :roll:

e47c5fae.jpg

Looks alright dunt it?! From a can as well, I'm Happy with it. :D

8ccbed66.jpg

13fd4290.jpg

f2f26737.jpg

Over riders for the front bumper all nice and shiny :mrgreen: I had to stop stripping paint off with the angle grinder when I realised the extension cable socket was covered in snow :shock:

sparkywig said:
Nice job Sarah, wait until you get a stone chip though..... :lol:

She will just drive carefully ;)

Looking good as usual - doing a cracking job :mrgreen:

212b3237.jpg

4311b727.jpg

dcc983bd.jpg

Rear bumpers done!! Small fish for you guys I know but quite an achievement for me lol! :lol: Only one run as well and that was because I was impatient. Just need to find the rubbers for the splash pans, fit them then I'll wack it on.

Front bumper evenings next week. :mrgreen:

Looks great! Did mine last year then jackknifed my trailor when reversing trying to find a campsite on a tight Cornish road and took a chip out of it :roll: still, looks 100% better 8)

Just

05019206.jpg

7be22306.jpg

Got the bulk of the front bumper in top coat today.. Didn't go on quite as well as the back one unfortunately. It seemed to run in a few places more. No massive biggy, I can cut them out later, just more work and annoying!

4 bolts to grind off the over riders, get them stripped and in paint and we're cooking on gas.. :shock:

You've really cracked on with those mate. :)
Cold out in the garage? Or have you got heating - I bet you have. ;)

OLIVE-BAY said:
just read the whole thread really cracking work...you and my wife should get together to talk paint techniques she's a dab hand at that sort of thing too 8) requested a DA machine polisher for birthday last year :lol: and i loving obliged :lol:

Well your a very good husband Mr Olive Bay! :lol: I found that patience was the most important technique. There by no means perfect but for a birds effort I'm happy. :mrgreen:

Latest posts