My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
98d048ef.jpg

c90e9f82.jpg

Having fitted the front bumper I spent most of the day faffing with me accelerator linkage. It's certainly not playing game since the spring popped off a few weeks ago. Having dismantled it I found most of the parts were so worn some of the holes were no longer round they were oval! So I figured why suffer, ordered the parts from C&C at lunchtime and they're in the post today arriving tomorrow. Nice swift service thank you C&C!!

Interesting C&C were the only company I could get all the linkage parts I needed..

The bumper looks smart. Nice you got it all back together and fitted without clonking it one. Been there, done that! 8)

Today wasn't the best day really.. Parts for the acc linkage arrived from C&C, fitted them and in the first test of the pedal the bracket mount sheared off! Bugger, on the phone to get a replacement. Fingers crossed it'll be here tomorrow.
Then decided to cheer myself up by fitting the freshly painted rear bumper.. Hmmmm. Just didn't want to play game. I guess when you've taken them apart the brackets shift etc. right pain in the ass and gave up when the sun went in!

Well, tomorrow's another day, let's hope it a more productive one!

Violence is golden - get one bolt in but leave a bit loose, then get over the other side and apply priseage where you can to line up a hole, then follow your nose.

ZedBed said:
Violence is golden - get one bolt in but leave a bit loose, then get over the other side and apply priseage where you can to line up a hole, then follow your nose.

Yarp been doing that, with a bloody crow bar lol :lol: I'd had it by then though, nowt went right today. It'll just slide in tomorrow, always does. It felt my Roth I can tell you!! :evil:

So you managed to fit all the bits at the back then? Nice one - I thought you might have been cursing the PO a bit more when you found out how much conduit was missing. So much easier to drive without an on/off only pedal. :)

Yep, I used the flexi pipe you sent me zed (tku v much) then used a piece I had at the 'front end' with a slightly longer piece of flexi hose to connect it to the fan housing. Next change should be a much simpler one. She says in hope! :lol:

Not a massive amount achieved today. I tinkered with the acc cable set up until I managed to reach full throttle on the carbs. All sorted and a good feeling considering how much I've had to tinker, send parts back and fiddle to get it all working smoothly.

I've also stopped my oil leak (I think). Seemed like a breather problem so back to stock oil filler neck and so far so good! We shall see..

I might start making my dash shelves tomorrow. :D

Who says women change they're minds a lot? ;)

All good stuff Sarah :)

Latest posts