My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
Looks good Sarah. :)
I'll have the carpet if you're popping down to Vanwest or Bristol Volksfest. ;)

Hmmm doubtful but someone this end will. Graham L lives in the nxt village to me and I bet he'll be going. All yours wiggy. :D

Thanks for the comments on the shelf folks, it was fun making it and a quarter of the price of the bamboo ones. Best thing is you can customise it to your bus! I'm surprised you boys like it, I thought you all liked metal and mesh and manly colours :lol:

Merlydog said:
68_early_bay said:
Looking good :D :D (liking the bottle opener on the overrider too :lol: 8) :lol: )

It's the little things ;)

This is the kind of talk we like from a women,

cool looking shelfs, ( in a manly way of course ) cool looking dog too

bus is looking really good, are you off to stanford hall ?

Pete

petegee56 said:
Merlydog said:
68_early_bay said:
Looking good :D :D (liking the bottle opener on the overrider too :lol: 8) :lol: )

It's the little things ;)

This is the kind of talk we like from a women,

cool looking shelfs, ( in a manly way of course ) cool looking dog too

bus is looking really good, are you off to stanford hall ?

Pete

Peter I'm sorry mate I only just seen this! Next show will prob be camper jam for me :mrgreen: Thanks for the comments, still not fitted the shelves as me backs fooked! :?

Not much to update as I've been buggered wi a bad back for the last three week! As I can't really do much I figured I'd just use it this weekend so took a plod out to the malverns for a picnic..

455b4eb6.jpg

When I got back I spent two hours of my life I'll never get back shining a piece of deluxe trim. P400, p1000, p1200 then dremmel and cutting metal polish. It's slow work but comes up a treat. Only 12 more pieces to go :shock:

sparkywig said:
Merlydog said:
When I got back I spent two hours of my life I'll never get back shining a piece of deluxe trim. P400, p1000, p1200 then dremmel and cutting metal polish. It's slow work but comes up a treat. Only 12 more pieces to go :shock:

Why?
Just paint it black. :D

:lol: You love that black paint wiggy :lol: How do the carpets look?

400 wet & dry to remove coating, 1000 wet & dry to finish off, dremel, cutting paste, autosol, sore finger=

874d87ef.jpg

fb806330.jpg

Og trim and nice & shiny.. It's gonna take forever though! That's only two pieces, 11 to go! :shock:

Trim is coming along nicely!! I know what you are saying about sore fingers. I did the bottom of my jalousie windows and about died! LOL

justcruzin said:
Trim is coming along nicely!! I know what you are saying about sore fingers. I did the bottom of my jalousie windows and about died! LOL

Damm that must have been hard work? They're pretty awkward too! I'll get there, just trying to find jobs that don't involve too much bending and lifting as I've damaged three discs in my back! :|

Nice work Sarah

There is a guy where I work who has a polishing company, I dont recon it will cost much for him to do it on his wheel...........just a thought

Just

creationblue said:
Nice work Sarah

There is a guy where I work who has a polishing company, I dont recon it will cost much for him to do it on his wheel...........just a thought

Just

That sounds ace Just.. If you wouldn't mind asking the question please? :)

Merlydog said:
creationblue said:
Nice work Sarah

Just

That sounds ace Just.. If you wouldn't mind asking the question please? :)

Ill see him Monday and report back

Wait, you're polishing by hand?

I bought a couple of polishing wheel drill bits and what not for just a couple of quid from a handyman store which works wonders! I'm going to polish one of my alloy rims soon, will let you know if it's any cop!

gvee said:
Wait, you're polishing by hand?

I bought a couple of polishing wheel drill bits and what not for just a couple of quid from a handyman store which works wonders! I'm going to polish one of my alloy rims soon, will let you know if it's any cop!

I'm removing the anodised coating with wet & dry, I'm then using a dremel with polishing felts and cutting polish to bring up the shine and finishing off by hand yes. Its still hard work though George, unless I'm doing something wrong? Which is entirely possible!!

Latest posts