My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ground control to major Tom!!

72f1f7a8.jpg

Nice & tidy now..

73a570c3.jpg

gninnam said:
Looking good dude 8)

Hope you notice the difference ;)

Well all finished today now, painted rustylee's R&R bed black to match too.
Certainly has made a BIG difference, more of a rumble than a bag of nuts and bolts now :lol:

Nice day today so the engines out :D for a few bits of work required on the fly wheel, clutch & leaky seals :mrgreen:

63bd0f9d.jpg

3d1380d6.jpg

103c0d1f.jpg

c88ff7fa.jpg

Merlydog said:
bb832d08.jpg

Started trying to sort my charging/starting issues today but I got lost.. So I put me sticker on instead and tinkered a bit.. :mrgreen:
I think there's more to my electrical problems than meets the eye.. Auto electrician now.. :( Can't start it at all, DEAD!!

Another EPV... My beige deluxe is EPV 62H!

So I've been having some hot tick over (oil warning light flickers too when I lve the motorway) & start issues still :( The hot start relay certainly sorted my cold starts out, first blip everytime now :mrgreen: (thank you Dave & Graham MEB) but still when I hit the motorway for anything longer than 20 mins it's a pig to get started if I do have to stop. Dave has fitted me a new coil & I've wacked a new set of leads on so we're waiting till Sunday to see if that helps :D Always starts, eventually, just a piglet!! Process of illumination I guess, but he's coming on now.. First proper trip away planned weekend after nxt to Devon! Fingers crossed 8)

Fitted my og heater to body pipes today.. My goodness if anyone's wondering whether or not to fit an aftermarket or og pair, then definately find a decent og pair! It has made a huge difference, virtually no noise & much more heat (not that that matters at the mo) :D I did it myself too which I'm even more chuffed with.. :mrgreen:

Good result with the HX's 8)

Shame about the poor running but I am sure you will get it sorted ;)

9c7b51dd.jpg

Nicely recon Solex 34 pict 3 carb

2e0943a7.jpg

New Bosch blue coil & leads

2302789d.jpg

Running sweet as a nut

f230e726.jpg

And ready for Saturday :mrgreen:

And I've just noticed how wonky my rear bumper is :shock: :? Oh well, bit like me... :lol: :D

An eventful & educational day today for me & my van :D . I learn't how to change my drag link (man required for brute force, I knew there was something they're good for :lol: ), how to set my tappets (I have the knuckles to prove it, ouch), how to lessen the play on my box ( :lol: it's the little things) and how to fit my new quiet pack.
Thanks to Graham & Dave at midland earlybay, defo would never have got that ball joint out without graham + lump hammer!! :lol: :mrgreen: 8)

So I started to fit my new quiet pack tonight.. What Graham forgot to tell me about fitting it is how ba*t*rd hard it is to get the nuts off :shock: Removed the valance, no problems. Removed tinware, no problems. Removing bolts, ouch :shock: An hour passed and I've managed to remove all bar one & it's a pig & it beat me!! Grrrrrrrr.. One bolt, tomorrow another day, I will win!!! :x
One thing I did notice is one of the gaskets was totally shot & leaking so it should sound better IF I can get the new one on :D
This must sound very boring to you gents but it's all new to me :lol:

b68ea870.jpg

443ec384.jpg

Old massive bug pack off!

And now I'm a bit lost in exhaust head bolts not wanting to go bk in :x :? :shock: So I've come in for a brew..

Latest posts