My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merlydog said:
Thanks to Baj I've also got a very nice 3 bow rack now. I never really got over selling my polished SS CE 6 bow rack, so this one is a welcome replacement & much easier to remove when storing in the garage :D
a69df443.jpg

nice rack sarah :D glad your happy with it & it suits your bus too.
also likeing the new door cards they suit your van more than the old ones.
take care bruce

baj said:
nice rack sarah :D

Thanks very much Bruce, all be it a little forward :shock: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: Looks good doesn't it? Finishes it off I rekon. Thanks very much for posting it Bruce, I just couldn't face the Bristol rain that weekend! :mrgreen:

Spent this week repairing & scrubbing my new (old) rear microbus seat, re painted all the frame & cleared out the R&R bed ready for my z hinges to be fitted tomorrow by David Frost! Photos to follow :)

So those of you that saw my van at camperjam will know it looked like this

a2603827.jpg

038a980d.jpg

I just wasn't all that happy with the huge black plate look.. Still, I also wasn't that happy with the amount of work required to sink them below the flooring either!!
After much pondering I decided to stop faffing and just get on with it.. At first I thought it was going to be a floor out job, but, noticed I had about 15mm chipboard with 6mm plywood on top. God knows why, but it made my job easier. Just had to chisel out the plywood and re bolt the plates in position.
It took me best part of a day to do tbh but worth it in the end.. I'm over the moon with the result! Just need to bolt in my seat belts & kick panel and im good to go! :D
ad3f68d1.jpg

73a79630.jpg

002f138f.jpg

67panel said:
painter,trimmer,chippy,is there no end to your skills :shock: lookin good.

Looks better doesnt it?! I dunno about that Dave! It took me a whole day to do it lol :lol: .. Most would have had it sorted in a couple of hours :) I'm thinking about replacing my manifold gaskets this weekend (they're leaking).. Just not sure on taking all the top bit's off :? :shock:

So I've been stripping and prepping in eager anticipation for my new headliner fitting.. Having taken all the silent gliss out I found this

9069bcf7.jpg

What's that I hear you cry?? It's a DIY interior light fitting.. Those two round discs are magnets that someone had ripped the headliner & just magnetised to the roof of the van!! Seems a lot of effort for fitting a light? Not only that but someone had used speaker wire to wire in the live & earth, really crap quality as well..

Amazing!! :shock:

c9cd78e1.jpg

Rusty Lee said:
wicked van sarah i really like it

Ah tku Lee, yours is lovely too :D Great you had the C&B spread too.. Well deserved after all your hard work! Wish I were as handy :D
Your R&R bed went to a good home Lee ;) Nothing to do with the bed, I just fancied the microbus look!! 8) Cream headliner going in tomorrow. Can't wait :mrgreen:

Merlydog said:
Rusty Lee said:

Ah tku Lee, yours is lovely too :D Great you had the C&B spread too.. Well deserved after all your hard work! Wish I were as handy :D
Your R&R bed went to a good home Lee ;) Nothing to do with the bed, I just fancied the microbus look!! 8) Cream headliner going in tomorrow. Can't wait :mrgreen:

I think you made the right choice I love it with that interia back in it well done, will you be at Vanfest so I can come gave a good look at it??

Rusty Lee said:
Merlydog said:
Rusty Lee said:

I think you made the right choice I love it with that interia back in it well done, will you be at Vanfest so I can come gave a good look at it??

Hi Lee, yes I've booked vanfest off work so fingers crosses I'll be there!! It should be pretty much sorted by then too.. :D

Front window out.. Expected much worse tbh... Good clean up & treatment should keep it sweet me thinks :mrgreen: Amazing really considering it's age I rekon :D

64522591.jpg

Hi Sarah

Looks good :mrgreen:

Do I recognise that workshop?, I'll have a look at it on Monday when you drop your bus in,

A new headliner always makes the bus interior seem a lot fresher - well done :D

Latest posts