My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gninnam said:
Its not boring :D

Did you manage to get it sorted??

Well.... Not entirely finished :mrgreen: The studs had locking nuts on and could I get them off, could I bum holes!! Having fought with a hammer, hacksaw and screwdriver for a few hours I gave up and am eagerly awaiting delivery of my new studs and nuts :shock:

Watch this space for an og interior make over coming soon :D

ae33bbc6.jpg

d0a7daa4.jpg

Little taster of what's to come folk :D Been out scrubbing all day in the sunshine :mrgreen: Astonish oven cleaner is amazing stuff! The best thing is it's only a quid from the pound shop!!!!

Thanks Grazy :D

Been out again and got all the panels on now.. Had to 'wangle' the passengers side as it had the usual water damage. I must have listened in CDT at school. Went ok and clipped in snug as a bug! :mrgreen:

dd43ee6a.jpg

c6e5a48f.jpg

gninnam said:
What's CDT?
Craft, Design & Technology (woodwork mainly) My teachers name was Mr Cheese, he was one of those horrid teachers that would throw something at you if you got it wrong! :lol:

b59d9196.jpg

:D my new window winders, thank you Terry :mrgreen: they look lovely & a perfect fit

aaac13a1.jpg

And finally, with a wrestle, I have the empi on :mrgreen: much quieter now..

Just gotta get over my hospital visit and I'll go & get my new 'old' seats from 68bay and I'll be done.. Then I'll post the piccys.. :mrgreen:

Merlydog said:
gninnam said:
What's CDT?
Craft, Design & Technology (woodwork mainly) My teachers name was Mr Cheese, he was one of those horrid teachers that would throw something at you if you got it wrong! :lol:

Got it - fancy title for woodwork ;)

Glad you got the 'zorst on :D

cc04e2d2.jpg

Cab's all finished!!

1968 original seats & covers - thanks Steve!!!
1970 original door panels - thanks Al!!!

Just gotta finish the rear panels & tailgate area now.. I'm soooooo chuffed with it it's untrue.. I never thought I'd find a full set of these panels & had started to give up looking, but along came Al with every single panel in near perfect condition!! Then to top it all off steve with the seats, I've been looking for a year and never seen a set of cab seats in as good nick. Just needed a good clean with that ever so expensive astonish oven cleaner. Spot on!!

Very nice 8) looks much better than the blue,with your van being beige.
I did like your old interior though reminded me of wonder woman with the spare wheel cover :D

All finished on the interior panels & cab area now, I've moved the speakers into the kick panels as not to damage my beautiful og door cards. Note to self; When cruising with your favourite play list, don't turn The Ting Tings - That's not my name up too loud, it blows the fuse in the amp!! :lol:
Thanks to Baj I've also got a very nice 3 bow rack now. I never really got over selling my polished SS CE 6 bow rack, so this one is a welcome replacement & much easier to remove when storing in the garage :D
a69df443.jpg

cotswoldiver said:
Loving the changes Sarah :)
Can't beat a bit of 'original', next thing you know Clem will have found some curtains for you! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's funny you should say that, I was just perusing eBay for some material. I can't afford a pair of those luuuuurrrrvely westy curtains, headliner first. I have a seamstress mother in law who made my last curtains David so stay tuned for a subtle change :D

Looking 'loads' better !

:D

Stock microbus seats with z bed hinges next I reckon ;)

Clem said:
Looking 'loads' better !

:D

Stock microbus seats with z bed hinges next I reckon ;)

Do you know what Mike I had them in me last bus & they were great! Right, eyes down, they HAVE to match the 68 vinyl ones I have in the front though, that would be soooooo sweet!! Plus I wouldn't have to pay to recover the foam. Genius! ;)

Latest posts