My 69 Deluxe - Lady Novice Attempt Amateur Mechanics!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking more blingy with all this shiney paint 8)

Love the shot of the garage - was the camera given to a spider :msn4:

Well, Saturday was handover day and Sarah took the deluxe home.

tumblr_ld9p46v9Tk1qf2thio1_500.jpg

I believe its in the trim shop now, so, over to Sarah! 8)

:mrgreen: Certainly is Mike, I dropped him off this morning.. Engine was smooth as you like, never cut out once or skipped a beat.. I was however gutted to have to make the 20min journey in the rain when he's soooo shiney now!! Mondays pick up day so stay tuned for new pics :mrgreen:

cracking van you have there sarah i really like it.proably one of my fav colours.

Clem said:
cotswoldiver said:
Great work again Mike (and Paul!)

Thanks David. To be fair its Paul who's been in overdrive lately, you'll appreciate this having seen him in 'action' - he has the patience of a saint and is a stickler for fiddly stuff. Hes had a week off work and was meant to be welding his crew cab, but has spent so much time ensuring the window trims were straight and fitted correctly, and then spent ages as he was so bugged by the sliding door locks not operating. We didnt have a lhd spare, so he dismantled it and rebuilt the unit so it all worked correctly, the slider now locks from the inside and outside, pulls up correctly and can be locked open .... when we test drove last night I noticed all the side markers were illuminated - he was annoyed that they didnt work, so had been round and sorted them all out! :lol:

When we left last night, I told him to get a life and crack on with his welding .... :mrgreen:

how was this done? I thought they were rivetted together the lock mechs? if so where on earth do you get new rivetts from.

nicely done on the work - thorough and respectful

:confused0068: looks like someone had fun hacking at spring plates i hope to god he,s not got another van.. im not so sure about the welded spindles either.. my mate thought they were brilliant ..untill one sheared off on the east lancs doing 40.about 10 years ago now so i dont have pics but the repair bill was about £800 then..so i gave him plenty of ..i told you so,s.. :argue:

dubdubz said:
how was this done? I thought they were rivetted together the lock mechs? if so where on earth do you get new rivetts from.

nicely done on the work - thorough and respectful

:D

The lock had been apart before, so the rivets removed and the housing welded back together. Wally ground off the welds, rebuilt it and then welded it again. A right PITA, he said.

Rusty Lee said:
cracking van you have there sarah i really like it.proably one of my fav colours.

Thanks Lee, it's at the trimmers now with little hope of getting it back soon due to the snow! Still patience is a virtue :mrgreen:

Just a little note to say thank you so much to both Clem & Wally for all their hard work & patience with me & my van :D
There is no way I'd be at the standard im at now without their knowledge & support.
Both are a rare find and are truely passionate about what they do... :D
xx

Thanks Sarah. We love it!

Good thing you got it last weekend as there snow way you'd get it now!
My Ghia is stuck lopsided half lowered and I can't finish it off !

:)

Rusty Lee said:
looking good sarah.where you getting the work done?
A guy called Chris at http://www.retroretrims.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - really nice fellow with a mountain of trimming knowledge! His speciality is mini's but he's branching out into campers :mrgreen: Absolute top guy at a very reasonable and realistic price!!
I'm super chuffed with it.. He's made it all from scratch to my specifications.. 8) Seats get started tomorrow!!

froggy said:
Looks good, where did you get the door handles from? They look like the ones i used to have on an old mini
Thanks Froggy, I'm not too sure about the door handles, they were on it when I bought the van?! I have just seen a very similar pair on the mcj products website, if thats where they're from I can vouch they are ery good solid quality. Unlike the heater levers (chrome) which were apparently from ebay, £35 quid and crap!! I pick it up today from the trimmers!!! :mrgreen:

Merlydog said:
froggy said:
Looks good, where did you get the door handles from? They look like the ones i used to have on an old mini
Thanks Froggy, I'm not too sure about the door handles, they were on it when I bought the van?! I have just seen a very similar pair on the mcj products website, if thats where they're from I can vouch they are ery good solid quality. Unlike the heater levers (chrome) which were apparently from ebay, £35 quid and crap!! I pick it up today from the trimmers!!! :mrgreen:
Whats next then?????

Latest posts