My 69 revamp

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8ballbug

Reaction score
Right started on my bus the other day supposed to be a quick overhall but we all know where it leads! Never done any of this crap before but thought sod it if I don't do it who will

Remved engine on my own (mistake got a bit of a limp at the mo)
serviced it changed leads, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, fan belt, oil, rocker cover gaskets and adjusted valve gaps. Took off old mexican carb and replaced with new one i rebuilt, a 34 pict solex I had.

Removed fuel tank fixed leak welded a couple of holes in rear bulk head up while it was out.

Then started on the brakes new drums and shoes for rear (what a bastard the rear hub nuts were) and new for fronts aswell.

Spotted split cv boot need to do tomorrow.

Changed gear linkage coupler (fingers crossed I'll get second again) and put on new clutch release bearing.

Had a friend start the internal welding the other day repaired inner wheel arches both sides and repaired my 'b' post. now i've prepped a couple of other repairs ready to do myself (i hope).

Tidied up my westy interior I bought, needs a quick retrim then ready to fit.

Having my westy roof painted gloss black to go with the bus. (comments on that please)

Pics to follow

heres one of what it looked like before
DSCF2614.jpg

cheeky overhauls are always good 8)

Nice van, oh and you think your garage is bad you should see mine, its got 3 vw engines, 2 motorbikes, freezer, bathroom (dont ask) plus all the other crap that just gets in the way indoors so thats where it goes lol

this has all gone tits up 'the deeper you delve'
will be doing a full resto over the winter

chassis
sills
outriggers
cargo floor
cab floor
new sliding door
new engine lid
full brake overhaul (got)
fit westy roof (got)
fit westy interior (got)