my 69er! Now fully restored!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve92

Reaction score
here are some pics of my 69 bay.picked it up at the weekend and drove it home 220 miles trouble free! not sure which way to go with it,has some dents etc down the passenger side but is sooo solid :D it was about half my budget so have cash to spend on it.want to try and keep it og paint,but need to find a man who can for advise on wether thats possible!am well pleased with it so far though.heres to more pleasant camping!

100_0301.jpg

100_0302.jpg

100_0295.jpg

not sure about slam,love the slam look but need to get it on fields etc! was thinking 1 spline rear drop(it already has 2 inch lowered spring plates)and the red 9 on the front can go another 2 inches,so will see how that looks with new wheels and tyres. unfortunatly the other sides not as straight! will try and find a pic of its bad side!

agree with J+m, dents or no dents, it's a great looking bus. :D

Does it have an interior?

cheers for the positive comments! it does have some interior,the westy headlining is there and in really good shape,most of the side panels are still there and its still got its bed.the rest is long gone! it has a hand made cooker and sink unit,which do there job,but will be replaced.want to make the interior something special.

great looking bus. love early tin top westys.
custom interior is the way to go, but would def try to keep the outside as orig as possible.

from what i can see the dings add character

and agreed, 69 tintop is the mutts

have you spoken to murgatroyds in hedben bridge about repairs/paint etc? i don't think you'll find a better classic car bodyshop in all of gods own county :D

baron said:
from what i can see the dings add character

and agreed, 69 tintop is the mutts

have you spoken to murgatroyds in hedben bridge about repairs/paint etc? i don't think you'll find a better classic car bodyshop in all of gods own county :D

cheers for the tip! want to keep it as origional as poss,but am worried about how to protect og paint as its going to get some use! anybody any ideas?

To preserve the patina on the og paint , slap on a good helping of Ankor Wax mate , :wink:

Latest posts