my 69er! Now fully restored!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well eventually been able to spend a weekend on the bus.can you spot the difference?!

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

looks the same to me i hear you say!

plugs,leads,points,dizzy cap,rotor replaced
fuel lines changed,with only minimal spill into my right eye!
reflectors replaced.
front tyres for my new wheels fitted.
damn good polish!
and most importantly,an early bay sticker added to the back window!
all looks good for our first sleepover in whitby next weekend.

couldnt resist a wheel pic!

DSC00052.jpg

all i need is the spacers and some shiny new wheel bolts!

my wheels are on at long last! its only taken a couple of months! much expence was incurred and some choice words,oh and a tickle with the angle grinder! but i hope you will agree it was worth it. although my other half thinks it looked better before! i can feel a vote coming on! also got a scat shifter fitted which works well,but think ill give the linkage a service too.

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

yeah that was my kind of thinking. it has 2" lowered spring plates on rear,so might change them for 3" or a 1 spline drop, and the front can go another 2" on the red 9. the girlfriend doesnt agree with this either!! :?

Hi Steve,

What Tyres did you go for in the end, and which spacers did you use on the rears?

cheers!

OOppps, just seen you've PM'd me!! Cheers, I'll have a read!!!!!! (Sorry for being daft!)

New wheels look great :D

How much is the front lowered? - I'm still trying to figure out if my 4" drop coilovers will be enough,
I got on to Red9 and they will swap for 5.5" if I want to (for a small fee)

its right at the top of its adjustment on the red 9,so can go down about 2". only thing is im not sure which kit it has as it was on the bus when i bought it.will have a search through the history file for a reciept.if not ill mail the chap i bought it off.

no joy in the history :( ,but on reflection it must have the 2-4 kit on as it has 2" lowered spring plates on the rear. so the front cant already be down 4".that would look stupid! so i would say its down 2-2 1/2 inches down on the front. i also have 55 profile tyres on front and 65 profile on the back,so that will take it down at the front a fraction too.

not really an update, have just got ignitor kit.no more pesky points! and after 5 months we now have proper curtains! no more sticking old material to the windows at night!! here are a couple of pics of the bus in its natural habitat. great langdale in the lakes.absolutly gorgeous.national trust campsite conveniently situated near 3 pubs!

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

Hi Steve, nice to meet you last night. Thought i'd check out the site on your recommendation!
Love the bus!
I agree witht the others, keep the dents!
Daryl

Hi Steve, did you have to specify that your bus was a left hooker when ordering the gear shifter? I ordered a shifter last month (not the same type) for my lhd bus and it was obviously for a RHD as it had a lean to the right.

I would go for one of these if it doesn't matter.

Thanks dude. :mrgreen:

talking of the red nine kit, is there anywhere supplies replacement bushes/grommets for the coilovers as mine are shot.

Daryl said:
Hi Steve, nice to meet you last night. Thought i'd check out the site on your recommendation!
Love the bus!
I agree witht the others, keep the dents!
Daryl

hi daryl. cool to meet you guys too. nice to have a local meet to go to at last! you do realise that now you found early bay, vzi will be history!! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts