My 71 Bay resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin & Mutley said:
Looking good - what sort of paint have you used on the interior?

;)

Hi mate

I used rust proof hammerite (smooth white) on the cargo floor and sides. I put this down in this area in a hope that it will stop any moisture from turning to rust once its covered with panels, flooring, units etc.

For the top half inside and out, I might use (diamond white) which is a similar colour in cellulose and seems to go quite well wth the (lemongel) colour Im planning to do on the bottom half. :D

I had a look on their website http://www.hammerite.com but couldnt see it.

You might be able to find out from them direct. I got mine from Halfords, will be going back there tomorrow, will ask for you.

Awesome thread, you've done so much since I last replied :)

I feel motivated to go and work on mine again 8)

Keep up the great work. :)

Thanks Guy's :D

Bit of an update, been busy trying to clean, prep, and paint the interior first. Finding this difficult due to the inclement weather conditions at the moment, and having a cold. :(

Everytime I move alfie onto the driveway there seems to be some strange mystical force that causes a dark rain cloud to suddenly appear from nowhere followed by a sudden Torrential down pour. This then seems to stop the moment I pack up and move him back into the garage. :roll:

So now having given up with this rain game, decided to try and do as much as possible in my tiny garage to keep dry.

interior018.jpg

interior013.jpg

Also decided to spray the dash the same colour as the bottom half will be outside 8)

interior019.jpg

Think it looks better than the black colour it was before :D

interior023.jpg

interior031.jpg

Heres a pic of the drivers door primed and back on after repairs. :D

interior028.jpg

Also sprayed the top of the dash black

interior026.jpg

And after :D

interior040.jpg

Managed to spray the interior roof, all nice and white again

interior048.jpg

Jumping the gun a bit my wife has already chosen the curtains :lol: cool huh :cool:

interior050.jpg

The dash looks uber cool dude 8)

Wife saw the curtains and went 'oooohhhhh' so looks like a winner too :wink:

With the inside of the roof painted, looks to good to be covered :D

My Dad bought me this little electric sprayer to do the interior with. I was so impressed by the finish (not bad considering it only cost £52. 99 from Argos) so i decided to give the roof a go with it.

I am quite pleased with the result for a first attempt. Needs a few more coats yet though. :D

interior052.jpg

interior054.jpg

interior055.jpg

alfie...
mate what type of rag top do u have there. im looking @ put one in my 72 lowlight. i have one in my bay DC... but want a bigger view of the sky :lol:
cheers matty

Latest posts