My 71 Bay resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm new here, my wife and I have been blown away by your restoration, fantastic stuff! Looks like you are using a similar Mig to the one I just bought, I've been practising but can't get my settings right, it's a Sip 105Turbo, with .6 wire and argon/Co2 gas. Can you give me any tips on a good basic setting?

shaven said:
alfie...
mate what type of rag top do u have there. im looking @ put one in my 72 lowlight. i have one in my bay DC... but want a bigger view of the sky :lol:
cheers matty

Thanks for the nice comments guys :oops: :D shaven I already had the rag top on it when i bought it. It came from http://www.parisbeetles.co.uk/ who will make them to any size.

Not much to show on the bus at the moment. been busy preping the bodywork for paint. Didnt realise that it would take so long to get flat :shock: anyway almost there should be spraying him up next week, cant wait :D

bodywork004.jpg

bodywork003.jpg

bodywork002.jpg

Now as smooth as a babys bum :D

Looking great - you seem to have it pretty flat now - the paint will go on nicely. How do you keep your driveway so clean ? - lol.

Looking foreward to seein it painted now :)

Looking sweet Alfie can`t wait to see it with the top coat on son . Well done mate :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

just went through you thread for the first time. Can't beleive the amount of work you've done. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !! must make you feel proud when you look back and see what you have acheived. can't wait to see the van when its finished. keep up the good work.

I just like to say you must have brass balls or mad to tackle a job
like that. :wink: But hey neat work when do you reakon she will be
resprayed? :lol:

i agree with all the comments from others, i just wish i had the time to do this much my self, i opted for the easy option.... pay someone else to do it :lol: good on you man.

Wow :oops: :oops: :oops: Thanks for the nice comments guys. Haven't updated for a while as I am still doing the final bits of prep before the paint goes on, this is taking ages because of the constant rain, nearly there though will update with pic's soon. :D

Well I thought I would take full advantage of the nice weather were having today and do a bit more on the bus :D

Been busy of late just trying to get all the body work flat, this lead to a bit of an obsession on my part :roll: maybe I was being a bit too fussy about it all :shock:

Anyway it's about as flat as i'm ever gonna get it so today I put on a high build primer ready for the colour which I hope to get on tomorrow :D

Photo-0019.jpg

Photo-0021-1.jpg

great work dude! keep it going now, nearly there 8)

Latest posts