My 71 Bay resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice work mate! 8)

:shock: :shock:

fantastic job dude...serious ammount of work! how good is that first drive gonna feel all finished! (the T-shirt completeing the look of course :wink: )

shweeet.

Yep excellent stuff from start to near finish, loving it and cant wait to see that lemon colour, and your wifes curtains :)

i dont know what to say other than its been a mind blowing resto! :wink:

Thanks guy's :D Used Pastel white (L90D) for the roof, gonna do the bodywork colour tomorrow if the weather stays nice :D

Photo-0022-1.jpg

Photo-0025.jpg

I used cellulose in the end as I was doing it outside. A 2 Pack finish would have probably been the better paint but I didnt know if I could use it as a novice :shock: as it's supposed to be deadly stuff isn't it :?:

At last with some paint on. :D

Sorry about the pic's it was getting dark by the time I finished :D Quite pleased with the result though seeing as its my first attempt at spraying, well the whole resto thing really

lemongelb003.jpg

lemongelb006.jpg

lemongelb008.jpg

lemongelb010.jpg

lemongelb004.jpg

lemongelb002.jpg

Not checked this thread for a while.
Not much you can say really..other than,
Awsome stuff, the finish looks good, there will be a big cheer all around the country when you post the final 'Ive Finished' picture. 8) 8)

Great Work ..

T

Oh....... behaaaaave, thanks Guy's :D
AUSTIN18.gif
:lol:

Was off work this bank holiday weekend, and the sun was actually out for a change :shock:

So took advantage of the good weather and sprayed up all the cab area ready for the interior. Gonna paint the inside of the cab doors tomorrow if the weather holds out. :D

Photo-0039.jpg

Photo-0036.jpg

Photo-0038.jpg

Photo-0040.jpg

Been a while since my last post. Been busy with the paint gun finishing off. Starting to put it back together again at long last, best thing is the old musky smell is now gone, and it smells brand new again :D

lemongelb023.jpg

lemongelb026.jpg

lemongelb021.jpg

lemongelb022.jpg

lemongelb017.jpg

Also made a start with the interior :bounce: Put a plywood floor base down today which I've decided to cover with back vinyl tiles. :shock:

lemongelb018.jpg

Also cut some wood here which I am going to cover in carpet and fix down around the wheel arch area. Not sure how I'm going to build the interior yet but quite like the idea of Oak units and a black work top. :wink:

lemongelb025.jpg

will update with more pics soon. :D

I can't believe how great your bus is looking Alfie!! I wouldn't have believed that you'd painted it in your drive if I hadn't seen the whole thread - top work dude!! :D

;)

great work, have you done any flatting and polishing yet?

also just a thought, i would turn the flooring around 180 so the join is away from the door side, otherwise the join may show thru the vinyl but would be less likely to be seen on the far side.

keep them pics coming! :wink:

Alfie said:
best thing is the old musky smell is now gone, and it smells brand new again :D
D

i just love the smell of an old van you cant beat it! 8)

the van is looking cool. can you divulge how you finished the van, how many coats etc? its looking really good!

im not sure, but someone on here had light oak and dark work surfaces with the devon trim and it looked so sweet, ill try to find it.

just been back to the first couple of pages of your resto. can't beleive how much work youve done. looks absolutely amazing. its going to be stunning when finished.
keep the pics coming

Wow! kept me busy for an hour and a half reading through the whole thread! excellent job your doing there! What are you going to do when it's all done!! you will have hours and hours of spare time bored with nothing to do!! excellent job though look forward to poss seeing it at the shows next year.

Latest posts