My 71 Bay resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys :D

managed to do a bit more today. It was a bit tricky :shock: but I have managed to weld up the chassis rail without dropping the beam..... just yet.

I thought I would do the front beam last as this will enable me to save my pennys to buy her some new shoes, shocks, and other bits to look sexy. 8)

frontouterarm009.jpg

Offered up the new outer arm thingy which I will work on tomorrow. :D

frontouterarm007.jpg

Wow :shock: Thanks everyone for the nice comments. 8)

Been busy today and managed to finish the chassis outer arm repair, heres the pics. :D

front006.jpg

front007.jpg

front008.jpg

Now the front chassis repairs are done, I can get on with the bodywork. :D

valance006.jpg

Welded Inner front valance from Just Kampers (J10027)

valance010.jpg

Lower front panel offered up ( J10025) also from Just Kampers which I had to cut down a bit.

valance008.jpg

Bloody great work there, gonna be up and running in about a week, judging by the speed of your resto :shock: 8)

I take my hat off to you. Ths is a MONSTER project! You are a brave man for taking on such a job. I woosed out & bought a USA import.

Good luck with the rest of it, looks like you have most of the hard work done.

Once again thanks to everyone for the nice comments :oops: :D It's really great when folk leave positive remarks, thankyou very much.

Hope to meet a few of you at the coming shows and meets when I get my camper back on the road. :D

Started to do the body work now in the last push to finish for the summer. :D

Pics are slightly smaller, used my mobile phone to take these pics as today I dropped and broke my camera. :cry:

Photo-0021.jpg

Heres the front with a bit of primer on....

Photo-0022.jpg

Gonna finish the nearside tomorrow, weather permitting. :D

Photo-0023.jpg

Latest posts