my 71 tintop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello all . i've been watching your site here for a while and i really like the community that i'm seeing and i'd like to be a part of it so i suppose the first step is to start a gallery for my bay . it a 71 sunroof model that was basically completely rebuilt by the previous owner but to his own tastes .

this is how she sat when i got her
cXxnFsKh.jpg

Swy0c1pl.jpg

i knew immediately that the tint had to go and that something had to be done about the wheels

off came the tint
yXIoUrel.jpg

and then proper wheels
t3CHkbul.jpg

bumpers , a roof rack and yellow foglights are next on the list of must haves . i just want it to look how it should . the hotwheels car look isn't my style .

i'm going to dive into the motor and electrical next . the motor was completely rebuild before i got the van so the internals should be all good . i just need to get an intro to the world of air cooled motors.

FtEHD5nl.jpg

the wife was nice enough to recover the seat and make new curtains . all in chocolate brown .
dlkzMtYl.jpg

a couple glamor shots just because you guys say you like pics

2IhXGNvl.jpg

u56Xcoml.jpg

my little dude
au9pveUl.jpg

IrlEdzwl.png

WL33hX0l.jpg

the ultimate goal is something like this
mUGmrr4l.jpg

i've found a few bays in my area that have been sitting for years and have had a guy offer to give me 3 if i want to have them moved to my own yard . he is having issues with his neighbors not enjoying his yard art .

QbJbgoll.jpg

i am currently in negotiations with the wife and i may end up winning her over .

i drive my bus everyday and we've finally started getting time to use it on the weekends . its amazing to see how people react to it everywhere we go . old hippies wave and smile and little kids look at it like it a real world cartoon .

thanks for the read. you guys have a great community here and i'm happy to be a small part of it

Latest posts