My '72 devon....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just back dating - Never made it EBi in the van. Put new heads on and while i was at it change the piston rings. But after a test run she was blowing blue smoke and loss of power so went in my golf estate instead.
Once back from Ebi took engine out again and stripped it again. I thought i had a standard 1600 engine but after taking the new piston rings off found that it wasn't...!! 1st thought it was a 1641cc but after some investigation and some measuring i have a 1679cc but with older piston heads so the ring size is 2mm x 2mm x 5mm (NO Uk stockists). After a lot of searching i managed to get a set from Belgium through dave at Kingfisher Kustoms.

So tonights job was to take off heads again, remove wrong sized rings and put on the correct set..!!! :D :D :D

Job done.....Well 1st bit :D

Got engine rebuilt and up and running this afternoon. Didn't have time to road test but after 2 months it's good to hear her purr again...!!! :D :D :D :D

Well finally got round today to fitting the "Hens Tooth" part that I acquired from [email protected] at Busfest..!! :cool:

Last weekend we were at Burton Dassett Hills waiting on the fly pass on the Vulcan Bomber...

Image not taken by bomber pilot but once they had done their display over Gaydon Motor Heritage Centre they flew over the hills that close he could have....!!! :)

Haven't done much in the way of VW stuff but have spent the last 4 weeks building a Halloween costume..!! Had a great party at a friends house where they turned it into a condemned cinema..!! LoL :D 8) 8)

Then we went to the local diner Sunday morning where there was a car meet....

Then into work the next day..!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/Ykk7_sg8WsE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers All :) At least now I can get back to car stuff and away from the sewing machine..!! LoL :D

Fernando Palmela said:
Hi, man, i have a early bay camper 4/1971 in Portugal, is similar to your, is a good bay congratulions. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cheers :D Have you any pictures of your bay??? :)

Gwar72 said:
Fernando Palmela said:
Hi, man, i have a early bay camper 4/1971 in Portugal, is similar to your, is a good bay congratulions. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yes, you will can to see the pictures

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68479" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fernando Palmela said:
Gwar72 said:
Fernando Palmela said:

Yes, you will can to see the pictures

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68479" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks Great 8)

Finally got the winter home built for the bus (front doors still yet to be made) :) :)

Great thread. I've seen this bus around Banbury. I'm not far away in the village of the damned :lol: you have almost the same firnature as mine. Top job.

Low n slow said:
Great thread. I've seen this bus around Banbury. I'm not far away in the village of the damned :lol: you have almost the same firnature as mine. Top job.

Cheers :D You should come along to our club meet?? ;)

Lowlife VW club we meet at The Windmill Inn, Whitnash, CV31 3DD every other Tuesday, Next meet is the 1st March 7.30pm onwards :D

Latest posts