My '72 devon....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helping out at Bug Jam last weekend for Fat Bob's Emporium....

Van was there to show the bespoke fitted carpet. But Also had the best camping spot right next to the Stands..!!! LoL :D 8)

Pictures From Whitenoise at the weekend.... :D

Some EB's..... 8)

Some cool splits...

School chair seating from the above split.... 8) 8)

Some lovely Beetles....

My Favourite.....

A good show weekend and lovely setting..... :D

Not done much to the van work wise. But have been out an' about this year..!!! 8)

Leeds Show in August

Great paint work on these......

Super Hero theme.... 8)

Annie with her new Front Cab mat from Fat Bob's Emporium.....

Thanks for sharing and very nice pics 8)
Loving your bus too :mrgreen:

Little job today....

Key barrel popped out with key so took off the inner door card to find out why???

And found the rear piece and screw in the bottom off the door...

Then put it all back together and now works fine. :D

Here's a picture of the additional liner that I have put in the door lining so any water is diverted back into the door cavity (much like the originals)...

Well this weekend I finally got round to fitting my Butty Bits accelerator pedal linkage kit. Very easy to fit and it made so much difference to...!!! :D :D :D
Old linkage..

Pedal unclipped....

Un bolt at the linkage rod end...

Un bolt below the pedal end...

And there you go....

Took me about 30 mins and took her for a quick spin round the yard and couldn't believe the difference it made. Definitely would recommend it...!!! :D :D :D

Then I took out the accelerator cable out as it was 2-3cm short and had an extension on the end. Now trying to find the correct length....!!!??? The one that came out was from tip to toe 3410mm long and the one for a '72 1600cc in the C&C book is 3420mm so not sure if this will long enough....

Heritage (EMPI) do a universal cable: https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/AC7214863/universal-throttle-cable-kit-fit-all-aircooled-m/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No return spring needed on the linkage?

gvee said:
Heritage (EMPI) do a universal cable: https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/AC7214863/universal-throttle-cable-kit-fit-all-aircooled-m/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No return spring needed on the linkage?

Cheers gvee :D

I looked at the spring and thought it was for the cable side return spring?? Can't see where I would attach it to the body if it came off the butty linkage? Photo's that I looked at on others I couldn't see the same layout? :?: :roll: :lol: :D

Spoke to Butty Bits and the Linkage supplied to me doesn't need a spring on the linkage side. The spring supplied is for the Accelerator cable side as it is sometimes missing he said. :D

Got a universal throttle cable from C&C and cut it down to the right length now. As it was a stiffer cable and with a bit of luck it slipped straight through the conduit 1st time..!! :D :D

Today's job was to change the gearbox oil. Took the van out for a run so to warm up the oil, i have been for the last week each day dosing the drain plug and filler nut with WD40. So with 17mm spanner in hand the filler plug undid straight away and the same with the drain plug and 17mm hex socket..!! So that was good news..!!! Refilled the gearbox by using a old cleaned out bottle of washing up liquid and squirted the oil in.

Also changed the engine oil while i was at it..

Good days job done.... :) :) :)

Lowlife Club cruise out to Burton Dassett Hills on Bank holiday Monday...

Mixed bag of Watercooled, Aircooled, Audi, Thing, Rat rod....... 8)

Getting van ready for EBI road trip last week and lost compression in cylinder 1 and slightly in 2.

So out with the engine..

Strip down.....

So engine out and found the exhaust valve guides were Pish and worn into head :(

New heads order and clean up the piston faces before rebuild...

New heads, gaskets Tubes and rings ordered. Very quick delivery and service from Machine7..!! 8) 8)

Hopefully have it all back in by mid weekend..!!! :D :D

Latest posts